Menu
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo keeps recording Sky sports news

Why does my Tivo insist on recording Sky sports news with 3 record buttons, I've tried the suggestion delete and a full delete and it still records

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo keeps recording Sky sports news

Hi psvmech2508

I appreciate you getting back and letting us know.

Could you recheck the Suggestions are set to 'No don't record Suggestions' again since you have 'Cleared and Reset' the TiVo®.

If this is still set to 'No' then the next option would be to potentially replace the TiVo® box for you, as you have done everything that you need to in order to stop this from occurring.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Psvmech2508,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message about these phantom recordings it looks like!

I would like to ask if you've thumbed up the channel at all? I can see that you've mentioned deleting everything, can you tell me if you've been ever used any manual recordings or set up a series link in the past for this?

I would also like to suggest turning off suggestions through this flow here:-

HOME > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I've never recorded it or thumbs up, I did the suggestions reboot, (it still had three record button icons) but now seems to have sorted it's self two days after the reboot.

It now seems to have taken a liking to the new version of Tom and Jerry.

psvmech2508 Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi psvmech2508,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that it's stopped recording the Sky Sports for you.  That was an odd one I must say, especially as you had already turned off the 'Suggestions' feature.

Is Tom and Jerry still recording randomly for you?

If so let me know and I can help further.  Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, update on the tivo box, its recorded 4 Tom and Jerry and SKY SPORTS NEWS.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi psvmech2508

Thanks for getting back to us with your updates Smiley Happy

The next thing we would like you to try, which actually worked for me in a similar situation when my TiVo® box kept recording BBC News 24 all the time, is to thumbs down 3 times on the channels/programmes that your box is recording that you are not asking it to.

This stopped my issues, and would have been the next step in the process for us to ask you to try so please, give it a go, and keep us posted on what happens Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, I tried that initially. I'm back recording 6 episodes of Tom and Jerry and SKY SPORTS NEWS has started again Smiley Mad 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi psvmech2508

Thanks for letting us know this has been tried.

The next option to see if this can be sorted would be to try the below from the main menu on your TiVo® box.

Help & Settings > Clear Or Reset TiVo box > Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions.

Doing so would clear all stored suggestions and thumbs up options you have currently stored, and I apologise if this means resetting some options Smiley Sad

Once this has been done, could you monitor this for a couple of days for us to see if this happens again?

Keep us posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen_A, I did a hard reset (clear and reset Tivo) and now apparently I need to record and watch, IAAF athletics and the Tour De France days 11 and 12.

I some how feel Virgin need to take the suggestion system out of new Tivo boxes. By the way it uses the word SUGGESTIONS very loosely what it should say is YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS (sorry I couldn't  resist). I know it doesn't affect what you want to record and it deletes what you've deleted. I should not have to DELETE what Tivo has recorded as a suggestion to be able to record what I want to record and then search through the ever increasing list to find what I've recorded.  I feel that the system needs to do this as if we needing help on making decisions in our lives. Perhaps we do, but not on what I/we call entertainment or what other people call entertainment. Rant over. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi psvmech2508

I appreciate you getting back and letting us know.

Could you recheck the Suggestions are set to 'No don't record Suggestions' again since you have 'Cleared and Reset' the TiVo®.

If this is still set to 'No' then the next option would be to potentially replace the TiVo® box for you, as you have done everything that you need to in order to stop this from occurring.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team