Menu
judith2602
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing and jumping

I've noticed that when I'm watching shows via Tivo that they're freezing and jumping a lot, I've restarted the box twice and it hasn't helped - is there a way to detect a fault remotely?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing and jumping

Hi judith2602

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo lately.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this for you unfortunately, so I can do so, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stephen_Bubbles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is also happening to me too.  Could you please send me any solution information.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Stephen_Bubbles
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I should add that this only happening when watching recorded shows. Last night it took me an hour and a half to watch an hour long show due to this issue. Got a bit annoying by the end like.

Stephen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Stephen_bubbles, 

I'm really sorry to hear that  your TiVo® has been causing you grief when trying to watch recorded shows. 

I've done some testing and can see an issue which I'd like to get investigated for you, so I've sent you a private message in order to arrange a technician to call out and investigated further. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Vrobbo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same problem, jumping around, pixels and rebooting or crashing all the time..... We have rebooted the box on various occasions and tried recording on different channels but have the same issue

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Vrollbo, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue, I've done some testing on your TiVo® and can see some issues with the TiVo® hard drive and some of the signal levels, so I'd like to arrange a technician to call out for you too. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get this arranged, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Skne2000
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problem for weeks. Had engineers out and promises of changed boxes only for them to explain it must be the signal. They say they increase the signal and it works for a while then back to the problem again.

Told them we had no problem with hd box upstairs.

Started again yesterday and tonight it was resetting whilst watching catchup tv because I got fed up with recordings jumping and skipping.

Really frustrating me and the wife, especially when we have to get up early to watch motogp live recently.

Seems a big problem for VM with TiVo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Skne2000,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting ongoing issues with the box resetting.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely, currently it shows as 'Offline'.  This maybe down to the box being turned if if that's the case.  Can you  please let me know if the box is turned on?  Once confirmed I will re-check and see how things are again for you.

If your other box is working fine, it could be a specific box fault.  If you can let me know about the affected box I will be glad to help further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Skne2000
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette_T.

Box is on. Generally always on.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos