Menu
johnnybgood74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Tivo firmware update 2016

Does any one know when the new firmware is rolling out and has anyone got any screen shots of it please

cheers

Dave

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo firmware update 2016

Unlikely you will get any joy, AFAIK those who have it are under NDA's

thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is being rolled out at the moment. Mainly north west so far and specifically areas around Stafford, Peterborough and Liverpool. According to reports it slows down the interface even more by replacing simple to use text with even more pictures. Makes using tv more complicated as they have mixed in on demand content to try and get you to spend more money. They have messed about with series links to try and sound a bit more up-to-date but nothing of interest to most people and no reports of any useful bug fixes. Usual reports of a certain percentage of boxes being "bricked" during the update.

This user has left the community.
andyland
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I got the update either yesterday or today. The box was slow scrolling through the TV guide initially, but a reboot fixed that and working fine now. BBC iPlayer seems slightly quicker loading too. Can't speak for Netflix as I dont use it. I'd say it's a slight improvement all round.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unlikely you will get any joy, AFAIK those who have it are under NDA's

thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is being rolled out at the moment. Mainly north west so far and specifically areas around Stafford, Peterborough and Liverpool. According to reports it slows down the interface even more by replacing simple to use text with even more pictures. Makes using tv more complicated as they have mixed in on demand content to try and get you to spend more money. They have messed about with series links to try and sound a bit more up-to-date but nothing of interest to most people and no reports of any useful bug fixes. Usual reports of a certain percentage of boxes being "bricked" during the update.

This user has left the community.
andyland
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I got the update either yesterday or today. The box was slow scrolling through the TV guide initially, but a reboot fixed that and working fine now. BBC iPlayer seems slightly quicker loading too. Can't speak for Netflix as I dont use it. I'd say it's a slight improvement all round.
johnnybgood74
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

thanks for that mate, I was hoping would be like  skys layout and quicker but probably just wait for the new box being released.

0 Kudos
johnnybgood74
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Has the layout changed much or have they just added stuff, thanks andy.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

thanks4nothing wrote:

Take it you haven't used it or spoken to a reliable source then?

0 Kudos
andyland
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's mainly the On demand pages that have changed. Instead of lists of programmes there are pictures of each series that you select. Its a similar layout to how the apps page looks.
0 Kudos
johnnybgood74
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Haven't used it or heard much about it just rumours.
0 Kudos
johnnybgood74
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

oh right so nothin really great than, ill just have to wait for the new TiVo box.
the current one is so slow doesn't help the hardware cant handle it either.
0 Kudos