Menu
mbbryant1961
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo code for Philips 4900

Hi, first of all hello! my first post here and tbh one born out of frustration.

I have a Tivo box and when installed i had a Panasonic tv and the installer set it up. tv volume worked with tivo remote...happy wife = happy days.

i managed to convince the good lady that a 4k tv was just the thing we needed, and i have to say the picture quality is stunning but i cannot get the tivo remote to work the sound on the tv. Now for me two remotes is no problem but it is causing my wife to be frustrated.....unhappy wife = sad days!

i have tried the tivo box instruction tv remote update (the tv/clear button etc) no luck. i have tried entering the codes manually, code by code...sigh...no luck. 

can anyone help me get back into my wifes good books!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo code for Philips 4900

Hi Mbbryant1961,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment regarding the remote control for TiVo, it's great you've got a new shiny TV Smiley Happy

I've included the link here about the TiVo remote control setup and I can see that you have used this before. We do update these code lists from time to time and the ones here are all the ones that we have in supply for TV's out there currently.

I hope that you're able to get it set up soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mbbryant1961
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

thanks for the reply. You are right, I have tried the 'autosetup and the manual entry' I will keep checking. Until then I have found that my Samsung phone will work the TVs and change the channels on the TiVo box! 

I will say that I can't wait for virginmedia to start 4K programmes as the TV is stunning when upscaling HD. 

Cheers Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, 

Cheers for the reply Smiley Happy

As 4K TV's are becoming a thing of common supply in the household I'm sure that we'll be looking to create a more up to date database in the future. 

Those phones just keep getting more handy!

Thank you and have a great evening.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos