Menu
DanH84
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box problem and relocate

Hi all,

We've been having problems with our tivo box for a while now. Intermittently the box will cut out picture and sound for a period of around 2 seconds before resuming. This could happen twice in 10 minutes then not for the next few hours so it's hard to pin down when there will be a fault. I haven't bothered doing anything about it because I'd decided to move to sky q for the tv so figured there was no point worrying.

However when I phoned up to cancel the TV package I was told I could keep it for free as I had the broadband and the phone so really I want the box working now. I've called up a couple of times and they have rebooted the box and also cleared the cache but the problem still persists. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The next question is now we have sky q installed downstairs I was thinking if I'm going to keep the tivo box it might as well go in my mum's room so she has a record facility. There is an old telewest input in there still but I guess it won't be active anymore.

So should I have an engineer come out to fix the fault/replace the tivo first and then book another engineer to come and relocate the box or, if I ask an engineer to come and relocate the box will they also fix the fault for me or will they just be out there for the one task.

It's a shame it's not like the old days where you could just plug stuff in yourself really!

Thanks for any advice!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box problem and relocate

Hello DanH84,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your TiVo® box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I would like to take a look into this for you so I will need to gain access to your account to run a couple of checks.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos