Menu
dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box is knackered ! 45mins on phone and no-one answering

I tried to call the support number but was 45 minutes on standby and no-one answered.

My TIVO box was playing up a few months back, crashing, hard drive skipping and playback problems. Called support who sent a few signals to adjust it. Was good for a few days then playing up again so made the decision just to turn off the box.

I then decided to turn it back on today ( after a few months off) and reset the box, 4 hours later the box is on a start up loop and the hard drive sounds knackered.

The box needs replacing basically and cannot be fixed over the phone. 

I tried to call up but as stated nothing to assist.

My account number is - [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]  - Area 03

Can someone please contact me via email or on here to arrange for a new 1tb to be sent to me or delivered via na engineer as I'm paying for the tv which I havent used for a month or so as the box is broken and paying for it still.

I'd rather cancel but I can't due to contact as the TIVO box is shockingly bad and wished I'd just cancelled 7 months ago.

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

0 Kudos
dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box is knackered ! 45mins on phone and no-one answering

No-one replying ? I have no tv

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't shout at me but you'll need to phone in and get him to re activate the box or send an engineer. 

dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Not going to shout Smiley Embarassed I find this forum is pretty good for solving problems like this. I'm not waiting on the phone for another 20 minutes getting nowhere.

Parrotperson wrote:

Don't shout at me but you'll need to phone in and get him to re activate the box or send an engineer. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dandoc2, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your TiVo® is not working correctly at the moment. I've run some testing and the box appears to be currently offline. 

Could you let me know if the TiVo® was powered on at the time I posted this message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello there. Thank you for getting back to me. No the box was not on as it doesn't start up just has the logo on the screen. I've turned it back on now if you need to run tests but it is stuck ob starting up. The box is broken though. If you check my records i logged it a while back over the phone. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dandoc2,

Thanks for coming back to me on this, I've just run some testing again, and although I can see the TiVo® online I can see a number of issues, so I think it's best we arrange a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message in order to arrange this. 

Thanks again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I've dropped you an email reply. 

0 Kudos
dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All sorted. Engineer attended and new box installed. This thread can be closed. Thank you for your excellent help Huw. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there dandoc2, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that this issue is now resolved. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience this may have caused, just glad that it's all working for you now. 

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos