Menu
wodonnell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Update

In November, VirginMedia posted this on the forum:

"We are aware that some customers have been experiencing some slowness when using their TiVo® service recently.  We’ve listened to the feedback and have been working to understand what the problems are and how we can fix this.  We want to ensure that we give our customers the best service we can and have been testing a number of changes to help speed up the boxes. 

We’ve now started to roll out a new code to all our TiVo boxes to help make our TV service quicker, the plan is to complete the roll-out throughout the rest of November.  

There’s nothing you will need to do as the changes will take place overnight and won’t affect any of your TiVo box settings or recordings.  Please note if the TiVo box is switched off the code will then download when you switch it back on again; this normally takes no more than 30 minutes to complete."

It is now January and both my boxes are slower than ever.  Did this roll out ever take place?  My 1Tb box doesn't have many recordings but is slow to respond.  The (older) 500Gb box is used less and can take several minutes to respond to the remote when we try to change channels in the evening.

Also, I notice that my 500Mb box still has the tv channel names appearing as text in the Guide but on the 1TB box they show as logos which are quite difficult to read.  What setting do I need to change on the 1TB box to have the channel names displayed as readable text?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Update

Hi wodonnell

Sorry to hear about the problems with your TiVo box. The update did roll out towards the end of last year and went very wellMan Happy

As you're still experiencing the issues I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're still experiencing the issues.

Iv'e sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hi wodonnell

Sorry to hear about the problems with your TiVo box. The update did roll out towards the end of last year and went very wellMan Happy

Can you provide evidence of that?  If you took the trouble to read the numerous posts saying the opposite then you might see that is not the case.

In my case the update did seem to improve my Cisco Tivo but had no effect on my Samsung box. Thankfully the latter has been replaced by a V6.

Do you have any stats on the type of box installed vis-a-vis customer complaints?

As you're still experiencing the issues I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're still experiencing the issues.

Iv'e sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
darp63
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you click on options (green button) when in the guide you should be able to switch channel logos off.
0 Kudos
StateBiscuit
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Surprised I'm getting a Tivo in March and if this is the case, it's going straight back and the contract is getting cancelled.

0 Kudos