Menu
Gilbernuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Deleted Old Recordings

Tivo seems to have deleted half of my recordings. Looking at past forum posts it seems that this sometimes happens when software has been updated. Has Tivo been up dated in the CM19 area and can the shows be recovered?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Deleted Old Recordings

Hi Gilbernuk,

Thank you for coming in for the first time, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that there's been some issues on the recording being deleted. I have had a little look into the TiVo and the hard dive is functioning well, which is good news. 

I can see that you've mentioned updates, there are currently no updates that would change the recordings or delete presently. The hard drive software respectively works the same way as on a PC, sometimes fragmented files are deleted to make room for additional storage and this can happen from time to time when there's exceeded space. I would like to know if there's 50% recordings missing on the number value or actually half of the recordings you know of have vanished? 

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gilbernuk,

Thank you for coming in for the first time, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that there's been some issues on the recording being deleted. I have had a little look into the TiVo and the hard dive is functioning well, which is good news. 

I can see that you've mentioned updates, there are currently no updates that would change the recordings or delete presently. The hard drive software respectively works the same way as on a PC, sometimes fragmented files are deleted to make room for additional storage and this can happen from time to time when there's exceeded space. I would like to know if there's 50% recordings missing on the number value or actually half of the recordings you know of have vanished? 

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Gilbernuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Thanks for replying. The disk was 68% full on going to bed and 35% full the next day when we turned it on. The oldest recordings have been deleted. We had added a few planned recordings so maybe your theory about disk fragmentation deleting recordings is correct. It would be nice to know if this is a real possibility and if it is then perhaps Virgin Media should make people aware.

Regards 

0 Kudos