Menu
SmudgerPhil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Connection to network via Powerline

Once I connect TiVo to Powerline, Smart Hub to Powerline and a smart TV to powerline (upstairs set), what can I access or control? Tivo stored recordings? Different channels than showing on TiVo? Other channels live?

I know I can accessYou Tube etc but I can do that already via my Wifi so want to know how TV access in better when I connect another room via Powerline adaptor.

Also, it means I need 3 adaptors so will cost approx £150. Are there any other alternatives for connection?

Kind regards and thanks for anticipated replies.

Phil 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Connection to network via Powerline

As far as I'm aware connecting by powerline allows you to use the TV Anywhere app as a remote control and nothing more

You can use the app without powerline to set recordings (but not to watch them) 

you can stream some channels (those with a little wifi signal next to them) but the selection is poor really as the broadcasters won't allow VM (or sky I believe) to stream the main ones. If I were you I wouldn't spend the money. 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Router --> Ethernet --> Master Powerline --> Mains --> Slave Powerline --> Ethernet --> MINI SWITCH --> 3 x Ethernet to your various gadgets

Should do the trick.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
SmudgerPhil
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I access TV via this internet connection via Powerline (in a seperate bedroom etc?)

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SmudgerPhil wrote:

Can I access TV via this internet connection via Powerline (in a seperate bedroom etc?)

The TV needs to be connected to the TIVO using an HDMI cable. If it's a Smart TV, then via Powerline you can watch whatever the Smart Apps allow you to watch.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SmudgerPhil wrote:

No

Basically powerline adapters are useless with TIVO from VM unless you are talking about using a pair to connect em to the hub (to allow control via app).

TIVO does not allow steaming of recorded programs, and to watch live TV in another room you will need either a second TIVO or V+ HD box

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Indeed, what Kippies said. That's why I've got 3 x Tivos!

0 Kudos
SmudgerPhil
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ive abandoned this as cheaper to buy another TV and plug a freeview box/DVD player or recorder into it!

0 Kudos