Menu
ArmyOfDaves
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo. Click>>> wait>>> wait some more>>>

Seen a lot of threads about Slow Tivo.

My problem is that I select something, playing a recording, loading my menu, whatever and then I have to wait, sometimes up to 10 seconds for a recording to play, for the menu to load.

I know this doesn't sound a lot, third world problems and all that, but I pay a lot each month for my Virgin service and when I see friends Sky react instantly every time I do feel that we're being let down.

While we wait for the rumoured fix, and while I watch the grass grow in my garden, is there anything I can do on my box to help speed things up?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo. Click>>> wait>>> wait some more>>>

Hi ArmyOfDaves,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®, I understand how frustrating it can be when the box is running slowly.

While our technicians are working on getting this sorted, check out our tips to Help Speed Up Your TiVo®.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ArmyOfDaves
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What's this I read about a new (V6) box? Are existing customers going to be offered it?

0 Kudos
nevyn1972
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See if you have a smart card installed in the back of the Tivo box.  

If you have then remove it as the Tivo doesn't require this anymore.  Leaving this in causes some of the issues you have been experiencing.

It's worth seeing if this improves your issues - as you can always put the card back in if needed.

It's been nearly a week since I removed my card and have experienced no issues since then.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Smart-Card-needed/td-p/2995953

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey ArmyOfDaves

We've got no information about the V6 box at the moment, when we do we'll be posting in our [News] board, so keep an eyeMan Happy

I'm sorry again for the current problems you're experiencing.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos