Menu
p2duk
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box hangs on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installaton", what's the cause?

Just replaced standard HD non-TiVo Virgin Box with 500GB TiVo box and it's stuck on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installation". Anyone else seen this issue, and can help me resolve it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box hangs on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installaton", what's th

Have you phoned to activate the Tivo?

0 Kudos
Js1
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box hangs on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installaton", what's th

We have same problem.
2 evenings, 4 phone calls and 5 hours later, noone can help or tell us why and engineered coming out on Saturday.....hopefully. terrible service. No tv for the week and no offer of compensation.
good luck
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box hangs on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installaton", what's the cause?

Hello there p2duk,

I am sorry that you were experiencing this issue, and I would like to say welcome to the forums. 

I have been able to locate your account using your forum credentials and have run some testing, I can see that your TiVo® is now showing as online.

Should you be experiencing any further issues with the TiVo® please let me know and I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies for the disruption 

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Js1
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Wow
how did you do that?
Anyway you can see my account too?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box hangs on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installaton", what's the cause?

Hi Js1, 

As a  member of the Virgin Media Forum Team we are able to search our systems for your account details using many things, this includes your email address and other details that you give when you register for the forums. 

I was indeed able to locate your account, and did make a reply on your original post. I was not as lucky with yours, it looks as if p2duk's issue was resolved before I looked at the account, this may have been that it was just taking a bit of time to complete the install, or it could have been something an agent done when they called in. 

I am sorry that I was not able to get yours up and running. 

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MrGrumpy80
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have also just replaced standard HD non-TiVo Virgin Box with TiVo box and it's stuck on "Please wait... We're preparing your box for installation". Its been doing that for hours, the phone help was polite but not very helpful, just wait for an engineer - which is rather disappointing as I want to watch TV.

I have tried restarting, cleaning the card etc............

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello MrGrumpy80, 

Firstly I would like welcome you to the forums, and say that I am sorry to hear that your first encounter with our TiVo® service was not the best. 

I have run some testing on your TiVo® and can see that it is now showing as online, so I guess that the technician was able to resolve the fault for you. 

Should you need any further help please do not hesitate to let me know. 

Take care and apologies again 

Huw

0 Kudos
Hloades
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello, can you help?  I have the same problem. My TiVo arrived today, I've called to register it, and tried and retired the connections, turned it off and on again etc.  it just shows the same message for hours. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hloades, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting about the issues you are having with your TiVo® box. 

This isn't what we like to hear and we can certainly take a look at what is going on here Smiley Happy

OK so checking your account I can see the TiVo® is completely offline with no signal. I have sent some signal hits your way to try and force it online. 

Please try rebooting the box. 

If this doesn't help resolve things, refer to the private message I have just sent you Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos