Menu
AndyS001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote brings up TV Setup Menu

Does anyone else have a problem with Philips TVs and the TiVo remote? Every time I select Channel Up/Down on the TiVo remote the TV changes channel too. Also the OK button brings up the TV Setup menu, and the power button instantly turns the TV on/off (without the 5 seconds delay). This happens whether the TiVo remote has been paired with the TV to operate the volume/power or now.

It's very annoying, and the only way to stop it is to block up the receiver on the TV, which means I can't change volume, etc.

I'd love to know how I can fix this.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo remote brings up TV Setup Menu

I fixed this on a LG TV by restoring it to factory settings
0 Kudos
AndyS001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jb66. Tried this but factory reset just seems to do picture and sound settings. Sadly I'm still getting random menus popping up on the TV when I hit TiVo remote buttons. Looks like a short term fix will be to tape up the TV receive sensor and send the wife up to change the volume :-)
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried changing the batteries in the remote. Ive seen a customer who put in poundland batteries and it made the TV change to channel 7
0 Kudos
AndyS001
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, that's bizarre but at this stage I'm willing to try anything. Sadly no difference, and I can also confirm that the TiVo remote from my main box (from which I robbed the replacement batteries) downstairs also invokes exactly the same behavior in the TV.
0 Kudos