Menu
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo boxes - swap

Can I swap my TiVo boxes for normal boxes as I find TiVo a load of *bleep*, may as well go SD as you lot took off the demand HD movies !! So why pay more for *bleep* !! So why pay extra for HD prem ? Pixel faults you can have the boxes just send me PM so we sort the problem !!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo boxes - swap

A very mature post.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ifcfan1,

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for your detailed comment. 

I'm sorry that the boxes in the home aren't what you'd expect. I would like to help and have been able to run some tests but with no avail. Can you please tell me a little more about what's been going on?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

when u watch on demand channels there all pixel .plus the tivo boxes records what ever it feels like and when it happens also turns my tv channel over

its a pain as for watching normal tv pixel same problem !! both boxes on so feel free to test !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lfcfan1,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

In regards to pixelating on channels and On Demand, does this happen on every channel or programme you order?

Regarding the TiVo® boxes recording random programmes, this sounds like it's relating to the Suggestions feature.  It learns what you like and 'suggests' recordings.  They generally go into the 'Suggestions' folder and they won't take up any of your Hard Drive space.

More details on Suggestions here: How do I teach my TiVo® box what I like watching?

This feature can be turned off by following these steps: HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON/OFF

I have taken a look at the boxes remotely and all signal/power levels look fine at the moment.  

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you said that you done a test on tivo boxes !! then why am i geting problems on sky sports match choice !! great when u cant watch a team !! so i rebooted box !! now on this stupid box says c130 and now its saying prepair channels !! what is going on please !! never had this hassle with sky and it sounds like am going back with sky soon as this contract is expired !! !!

0 Kudos
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

quick update !! on box !! after waiting 45mins still on 25% pre sorting channels i ended up turning the box off and doing a reboot on the tivo boxes takes about 5 - 10mins to load up normal !! too be honest i dont rate tivo so can you please sort this out for normal hd boxes as i dont want tivo any more i find them

too slow i have also took pictures of this problem which i will send public on twitter @virginmedia so others can see the fault !! feel free to call any time !!

you have the details

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lfcfan1,

Thanks for getting back to us.  

I'm sorry that you're also getting an error with the TiVo®.  I have had another look at the boxes and on this occasion there is an issue with the downstream power levels which need fixing.  

This will have a knock on effect potentially causing the network availability error also so I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round for you.

In regards to a box swap back to V+HD, we still need to send an engineer anyway as this fault does need fixing.  If you're happy to have an engineer round I will arrange this fir you.

I will send further details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

oh there is a fault when u said you cant find it !! great virgin !! i do hope i get i better service for a being so loyal !
guess where the fault is ...the lead in street never been replaced since telewest !! started !! check ya logs please !! i have said this before !!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lfcfan1,

Thanks for your reply.

If there is cabling issues then our engineers will be able to take care of this for you.  I will certainly add this to the notes so they are aware in advance.

I will send you a further private message to confirm appointment details Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos