Menu
Leemay
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box useless!!

Why am I ringing India for my issues beginning since we got this box and getting nowhere, to us it is a useless piece of expensive equipment. The box sticks the pixels break up and we are getting fed up of  watching a dotted circle go round and round for ages ! We were originally Telewest customers so that tells you how long we gave been with this company but think it's time for a switch. Trying to get hold of an engineer to get issues which we are paying for sorted is non existent unless you can speak some form of Indian Language !

wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box useless!!

Yes - it is indeed useless. But the good news is you've not been singled out for poor performance - they're all useless! I've had enough now and, after putting up with hardware which is clearly not up to the job, am going to bail out and head back to Sky - where I came from about 6 years ago or so. Great broadband but TV services which are beyond embarrassing coupled with customer services from the dark ages doesn't make the £140 I pay per month seem like good value.

Sky Q is calling me...

cheers

Pete

0 Kudos
AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've received my TIVO box last week and so far it's OK. Being tech savvy, I've worked out my way round the system.

On the subject of the call centre, I do feel your pain, however if you phone in the morning, you will be greeted by a real English speaking person either Scottish or north English. Believe me, they had been most helpful in resolving issues we have, which proved successful. If phoning in the evening, this is where we get stuck. Getting someone with an Indian accent who doesn't know anything what to do about our issues is not on. Most of the time I cannot understand a word they're saying so I give up and phone the next day hoping for the best. I phone up to the UK call centre, even at work and discuss the problem with better communication and dialogue. I am given suggestions to try when I get home and they work.

This highlights the needs of an efficient quality of customer service in using UK call centres, 24 hours and 7 days a week. Outsourcing UK services which we rely on so much abroad is a betrayal to British jobs.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Leemay,

I'm very sorry to hear this is happening with your TiVo® box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have been able to locate your account to run a couple of checks and I would like to send one of the team out to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AVGVSTVS wrote:

I've received my TIVO box last week and so far it's OK. Being tech savvy, I've worked out my way round the system.

Well, as someone who has worked in IT for 37 years myself, I consider myself to be tech savvie too. I'd love to know how you've managed to "work your way around a system" which is so clearly unfit for purpose with woefully inadequate hardware and poorly written and inefficient software. I can only assume that you have become resigned to waiting several seconds for any action to take place when asking the TiVo to do anything - or have you found some kind of magic-bullet solution which we'd all benefit from on here? Cheers Pete
0 Kudos
prlittlewood
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just moved into a new property and all houses on the estate are 'enjoying' three months free Virgin. We had Sky at our old place and I've never seen such/used a piece of junk as the TiVo box. Working in IT I get what's going on in the box and the hardware clearly isn't up to scratch. Whoever wrote the software should be fired. What are Virgin doing about it? Probably nothing. We barely watch TV because we just can't be bothered waiting for things to happen after we've pressed a button on the remote. We've got 1 month left of the free trial so they need to pull something out of the bag sharpish to get us to sign up I'm afraid. The internet isn't much better - obviously lots of contention on the network as my old ADSL was more reliable half the time.

0 Kudos