Menu
Glyn61
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box apparently locked in startup cycle

TV cycles through starting up and no signal received endlessly. TiVo box repeatedly goes through a cycle of lights coming on and going off. Have tried switching off and rebooting multiple times, both on box, at plug, overnight and for short duration. Advice sought re this problem please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box apparently locked in startup cycle

Hi Glyn61, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo® service. 

I have gone in to the account to check things and it looks as though we're not getting any signal from the box. 

I can see you've already spoken to an agent and they have been able to get things moving by sending out replacement equipment. Once you get it, let us know how things are. 

We're here if you have any further issues too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bigash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had the same problem on a replacement box (for a different problem) which I had been told was brand new and was in fact a refurbished one made in 2012. Apparently the problem is a corrupted hard drive. I am now the proud owner of yet another "new" TIVO  box made in 2010 this time which works but is a bit slow ( well I guess we all get slower with age). P.S hope you have a friendly engineer come round, I only had 1 out of 3 who would speak to me as an equal and not grunt with disdain when I didn't understand some of the techy terms they came out with. Anyway good luck.

0 Kudos
Glyn61
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have been told will get a new box. No one mentioned a reconditioned one. Will wait and see!

0 Kudos