Menu
paulus69
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box

When IS the TiVo box going to e fixed? I see they are pushing a new type of box - presumably a replacement for the rubbish TiVo box. What about your customers that are still lumbered with the 'not fit for use' TiVo box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box

Hello paulus69,

Thanks for posting.

What issues are you having with the TiVo® box at the moment?

Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paulus69
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is EXTREMELY slow, frustratingly so. What is Virgin Media doing about it.
0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If by the new box they're peddling, you mean the new "v6 TiVo" box, then I wouldn't get too excited.

I joined Virgin after many years with Sky, where everything did just work (the stuff I care about like recording my TV and so on), but left on the basis of price as Virgin was offering a better deal in terms of feature & channels.

However, thus far I've saved no money, and I'm not getting good service on the v6. I've got 2 of them, and I've had one replaced, but it is still not working properly.

In my case, the problem is that the stupid boxes just randomly stop recording during a programme - not at the end time,  just slap bang in the middle. Then it might record again a bit later, as a new recording, no errors show up, but I'm missing a chunk.

Worse, because of that, it then seems to ignore any extend recording time you've requested and you miss the end too (since I watch a lot of live stuff that does run late). Before anyone asks - no it isn't just that I've too much to record, I've pretty much recorded nothing thus far (pretty much except to test it)

On which note, why the hell is it you can only have 5 minutes in total mixed between before and after as the default, with no option for anything else, but after you ask a programme to record, you can go in manually every single time set before or after to considerably longer (hours!) - but can't make that the default - it's beyond irritating as it means I have to babysit the stupid thing.

Quite honestly, this v6 box isn't fit for purpose for me - I don't have major requirements - just record what I've scheduled

0 Kudos
paulus69
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Blimey. I don't have the new V6 and was hoping they were going to give me one to replace the slow old one. However, that seems like a step backwards.

The thing that annoys me is that are not shy about continuing to charge a mint for an inferior service.
0 Kudos
Furneaux99
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Customer service just told me that a software update is being rolled out (19th April for me in Portsmouth) so hang on in there, it might get better.

0 Kudos
paulus69
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mmmm 19th April. Some time in advance to keep you quiet for a while I suspect
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that suggested date is 19 days out.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Furneaux99
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You might well be right but I've lived with this for so long now that, dare I say it, it's starting to become the norm. Every time I call them up to ask I tell them that they have until September when I'm out of contract, if it's not fixed by then I'm dropping the TV sub.

0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sure, and I'm totally prepared to pay for a service that does not work properly every day. I don't think so.

As the replacement box has the same issues as the original, I can only assume Virgin Media have a fundamental problem with these boxes and I'm not prepared to spend my life babysitting a set top box or spending anymore time on the phone - I think 4 hours of my time is more than enough thanks.

0 Kudos