Menu
Forum Team
Message 21 of 23 (108 Views)

Re: Terminator caps

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your post. 

I can see Karen_A has already replied to your thread here: Re: terminator caps

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 22 of 23 (108 Views)

Hi Mazzall,

Thanks for your post.

I have already replied to your post here: Re: Terminator cap please

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 23 (22 Views)

[ Edited ]

I know this topic was started a long time ago, but you only need a termination cap on the equipment YOU ARE KEEPING and that's only if nothing is attached to it. In other words, if you are only sending back a TiVo box and keeping a modem/router (and it's going to remain active) then rather than using a terminator cap, simply remove any splitter which would have been used to split the signal to your modem/router and TiVo and attach the input cable directly to the modem/router.

The other reason you might need one (and this is a little more technical) is if you are keeping the router/modem to act as a network switch (or DHCP). In which case you would need to put one on the back of the router AFTER removing the cable. This then allows you to use the modem/router to boost your wireless signal and use it as a wireless AP.

Chris
Virgin Business Hitron CGNV4 (FW:4.5.10.142-SIP-UPC)
0 Kudos