Menu
Engeloid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Show search doesn't seem to fully search?

Hi,

I might be being a bit silly here, but I've just tried adding 2 shows and my Tivo box wouldn't let me series link as it said it clashed with other recordings (which it does).  However, there are other showings of the programs I was trying to series link, and it's let me do it manually, so why won't it automatically search and add an available showing?  Ironically, I had to use the Sky TV app to find when the programs were being repeated!!

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Show search doesn't seem to fully search?

Right. Ok. This is where you've got to leave TiVo to get on with it! TiVo will always schedule the first showing of a programme. It will then work out when the next available showing is of the programs that clash and shift the recording to that time. Of course this only works where there is a repeat showing of a program so you have to be aware of your series link priorities and make sure programs on channels like BBC1 who tend not to repeat things are higher up on your priority list. 

Live got loads of series links that means programs clash but I never have a problem with clashes as I prioritise my links. Ps. Turn off overlap protection. 

0 Kudos
Engeloid
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Show search doesn't seem to fully search?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! :-) It wouldn't let me schedule a recording though, so how can I leave it to sort it out? Sorry if this is me being stupid about it all - I'm used to Sky!

Thanks!
0 Kudos