Menu
Dabr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Stanby

My Tivo box readily switches itself into standby mode, the TV screen goes black but the green    light remains on.

On pressing the Tivo remote control, Tivo box and the TV start up, works fine.

Here is the problem. I do not leave the TV plugged in when not in use but leave the Tivo box plugged in for recordings. The above proceedure for switching on the TV does not work. The only way to get the box to start the TV is to pull the mains plug on the Tivo box out, then back in which starts the Tivo start up, which takes about 10 minutes.

Is there a way round this to avoid this long wait.

Thank you for reading any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stanby

Do not unplug the TiVo! It's isn't designed to be unplugged as it needs to be connected to the network to get updates etc. That will instantly solve your problem. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do not unplug the TiVo! It's isn't designed to be unplugged as it needs to be connected to the network to get updates etc. That will instantly solve your problem. 

0 Kudos
Dabr
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply, have left the Tivo box on with the TV on and the Tivo wakes up within 30 seconds as you suggested, thanks.

Unfortunately when I turn the TV off the connection from the box is lost. Have also tried the TV standby button but still no connection.

With the box left on it appears the only way to get the connection is to switch off the box then switch on the box straight away, then waiting for the slow start up.

Virgin Media have suggested to monitor the problem for a week, maybe there is a fault with the box as this problem has been from installation last year.

0 Kudos