Menu
angie2601
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Software Update 1 of 3 - keeps doing this - lights blue & flashing red

Hi, 

The TiVo box this morning (6.45am) had the far right (as you look at the box) blue light on and then a red flashing light. I left it for a while but it was still doing it by 7.15am. The TV showed a software update was being done (1 of 3) but it kept repeating the update 1 of 3.

I looked up previous posts and most users turned the box on and off - which I did using the box switch. Left it and turned it back on - there are now loads of different coloured lights on the box and it was taking a long time to start up - I had to leave the house for work so left it  but at that point there was no blue standby light or great 'heart' light.

A) Have I done something stupid by turning the box off ?

B) How can I check it later if the 'normal' lights are not on and it still shows starting up /

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software Update 1 of 3 - keeps doing this - lights blue & flashing red

If it's still exhibiting the same behaviour when you get home, then it's like likely terminal.
Try ringing it in now, you may be able to get an appointment booked soon if it can be assessed remotely.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software Update 1 of 3 - keeps doing this - lights blue & flashing red

Hello angie2601,

Welcome to the community.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I will need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos