Menu
Jono123
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow and jerky TiVo

Hi, our TiVo box is very slow and also catchup is unwatchable (pauses every 20 seconds or so).
I have tried restarting the box but the issue remains.
Our wifi is also very intermittent and I don't know if this is connected with the TiVo issue..
Any ideas?
Thanks
Jon
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and jerky TiVo

Given that you have two problems I'd phone in and get an engineer out you could have signal issues with the TiVo not sure about the wifi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jono123,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that both your TiVo® and Broadband aren't working as efficiently as they should.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and currently there is a network issue affecting both services.  This is already escalated to our network teams and our engineers are working to resolve this.

This is under reference: F003519430.

The is due to high demand impacting the network and the work required to make the necessary improvements to alleviate this high demand may take some time.  We're expecting a review by the 25th November.  If things haven't improved by then, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us requesting an update.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, please get in touch Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jono123
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the response.
We have had this issue for at least a month, and it seems it won't be resolved for another month. We live in the middle of London, not the countryside - so I am surprised that such an issue can be allowed to develop and then persist for so long.
Can you confirm what compensation we'll be getting?
Regards
Jon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon

In regards to compensation, I'd recommend giving our team a call when the issue has been resolved so the amount can be calculated. You can contact the team on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111.

Sorry again for the inconvenience these issues are causing, we're looking forward to getting them resolved. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jono123
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
This issue outlined below has been effecting us all year on and off. Not only do we lose internet but we lose our heating as well (as we use Nest, a smart meter).
We called the number below and they said the technical issue in our area was finally resolved.
We asked for compensation and they said they couldn't discuss on the phone and that we had to write to Virgin outlining the problem.

This is v frustrating as I don't want to have to spend lots more time complaining and outlining the problem when you know full well what the issue is/was from your system.

Furthermore, where do I write to? (Email address please I am not posting a letter)

We pay full whack for your services - when far cheaper options are available - so we expect full compensation. Broadband has been faulty for about 1 year now.

Can you please outline how we get this swiftly.

Thanks

Jon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, sorry again for the problems you're experiencing at the moment. 

You can find out more about contacting us to make an official complaint [here], there's a link on the right hand side of that page for writing to us. 

I'm sorry again for the continued problems with your service, I hope this helps.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos