Menu
lewishilary
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Series recording

Recording series at alternate times ( explore this show > upcoming) sets the series recording to the original showing time.

So is there a setting that over rides this annoying feature so that a series can be reorded at an alternative showing time?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series recording

That is exactly how TiVo is designed to work. It always finds the first opportunity to record that doesn't clash.

Why would you want to record a later repeat anyway?

0 Kudos
lewishilary
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If I have recordings already at the original showing then I want to record  a series at an alternative time just like I can with a non series programme.

I can not understand why the designers of the Tivo did think of this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have recordings at the time of the original showing the tivo will reschedule the lowest priority program, it will warn you of clashes but will still record the program at the 1st available opportunity, this even works if there is a power cut and things didn't record

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are two ways round this. If a show is part of a series and it is on at the same day/time every week then you can set up a manual recording. Works similar to the V+ or Sky+ way of recording but will not cater for a change in scheduled times.

If you have a series link and occasionally you would prefer it to record at a different time then click on the programme in Planned Recordings and select a different showing, if available.

I have done the latter this week for a programme on a Series Link as I want a couple of Champions League matches recorded instead. I also use a manual recording sometimes as the Champions League programmes last much longer than the game and they may conflict with a recording starting at 22:00. I manually record with a stop time of 21:55.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos