Menu
rolych
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Series link on Tivo

I am fairly new to the TiVo box and have come across a series link problem. If I want to record a programme at a different time, and or date, due to already having three programmes recording at the original time I am able to record this as a single programme,  but if I wish to set up a series link at this different time the series link gets set up at the original time. 

Can anyone tell me if this is the way the system works, is there a way to allow a series link to be set up at this alternative showing of the programme or is there some other programming restrictions causing this to happen?

Hoping someone can help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series link on Tivo

If a new series link records the first showing then you could not have had three other programs set to record at the same time.

Tivo will always record the first instance that does not clash with other recordings.

If four recordings are available at the same time, TiVo decides by priority of the series link. The higher up the list of series links, the better. TiVo will find a suitable repeat for the lowest priority program.

Just let TiVo get on with its job.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's normal TiVo behaviour. You just need to make sure you have your series links in the correct priority order and let the TiVo sort out recording the 'forth' recording at the next available time. 

With your priority order of series links just keep the channels (like the dear old Beeb) who don't repeat things at the top and the channels who do constantly repeat things below. The TiVo will then know which shows to give priority to and which it can safely reschedule. Don't try and over manage the TiVo! Let it do its job. 

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If a new series link records the first showing then you could not have had three other programs set to record at the same time.

Tivo will always record the first instance that does not clash with other recordings.

If four recordings are available at the same time, TiVo decides by priority of the series link. The higher up the list of series links, the better. TiVo will find a suitable repeat for the lowest priority program.

Just let TiVo get on with its job.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's normal TiVo behaviour. You just need to make sure you have your series links in the correct priority order and let the TiVo sort out recording the 'forth' recording at the next available time. 

With your priority order of series links just keep the channels (like the dear old Beeb) who don't repeat things at the top and the channels who do constantly repeat things below. The TiVo will then know which shows to give priority to and which it can safely reschedule. Don't try and over manage the TiVo! Let it do its job.