Menu
Reply
  • 306
  • 3
  • 25
Fletch33
Up to speed
661 Views
Message 1 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Series link issue

Before the update I had set up various series links for football on all the different channels, for example FL72 on Sky Sports 1 and 5 or La Liga on virtually all channels.

Since the series link update these appear to have merged into one and don't see to work quite so well.

I've just attempted to add the World Cup qualifiers series link via the app and it's failing miserably.

Add the series link on itv for England and everything is fine, add a second one for Republic of Ireland on Sky Sports 2 and the ITV series link is removed as is the scheduled recording.

Any chance this is a glitch that can be resolved or do we have to suffer an update which is now slower and less useable than before?
  • 74
  • 1
  • 16
000000
Dialled in
648 Views
Message 2 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue

Yes ridiculous. Very poor update. You can no choose which channels anymore if more than one. Clearly very poor  programming not even warn user when deleting other links. What company would do this on released to customer version!!! Using All channels is unusable with poor guide data. Also very buggy with planned recordings not calculated properly any more.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.28K
  • 23
  • 118
G4DDS
Rising star
612 Views
Message 3 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue


Fletch33 wrote:

I've just attempted to add the World Cup qualifiers series link via the app and it's failing miserably.

Add the series link on itv for England and everything is fine, add a second one for Republic of Ireland on Sky Sports 2 and the ITV series link is removed as is the scheduled recording.



I wonder if the app which has not been updated for series link+ behaviour is the problem here?

Can you try the same on the box itself - it should create an all channels series link+ when you attempt to add the second single channel series link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 306
  • 3
  • 25
Fletch33
Up to speed
595 Views
Message 4 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue


G4DDS wrote:

Fletch33 wrote:

I've just attempted to add the World Cup qualifiers series link via the app and it's failing miserably.

Add the series link on itv for England and everything is fine, add a second one for Republic of Ireland on Sky Sports 2 and the ITV series link is removed as is the scheduled recording.



I wonder if the app which has not been updated for series link+ behaviour is the problem here?

Can you try the same on the box itself - it should create an all channels series link+ when you attempt to add the second single channel series link.


In regards to what you have quoted, yes the app is the issue in not being able to add both games on the different channels to series link.

But the merged series link+ doesn't offer any priority in regards to channels. For example with World Cup qualifiers, I would have previously had ITV first to make sure the priority game is England. But now TiVo doesn't know the difference and will randomly select which games to record from the various options on at the same time.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.28K
  • 23
  • 118
G4DDS
Rising star
590 Views
Message 5 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue


Fletch33 wrote:

G4DDS wrote:

Fletch33 wrote:

I've just attempted to add the World Cup qualifiers series link via the app and it's failing miserably.

Add the series link on itv for England and everything is fine, add a second one for Republic of Ireland on Sky Sports 2 and the ITV series link is removed as is the scheduled recording.



I wonder if the app which has not been updated for series link+ behaviour is the problem here?

Can you try the same on the box itself - it should create an all channels series link+ when you attempt to add the second single channel series link.


In regards to what you have quoted, yes the app is the issue in not being able to add both games on the different channels to series link.

But the merged series link+ doesn't offer any priority in regards to channels. For example with World Cup qualifiers, I would have previously had ITV first to make sure the priority game is England. But now TiVo doesn't know the difference and will randomly select which games to record from the various options on at the same time.


I am afraid all you can do is wait for a forum mod to pickup on this and raise a bug report for the app (I suspect ringing customer services won't achieve anything useful). I assume there is also some feedback system that the forum mods have so they can monitor what problems or complaints about the new features that customers are raising (just guessing).

Can't offer any more I'm afraid!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 74
  • 1
  • 16
000000
Dialled in
573 Views
Message 6 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue


G4DDS wrote:

Fletch33 wrote:

I've just attempted to add the World Cup qualifiers series link via the app and it's failing miserably.

Add the series link on itv for England and everything is fine, add a second one for Republic of Ireland on Sky Sports 2 and the ITV series link is removed as is the scheduled recording.



I wonder if the app which has not been updated for series link+ behaviour is the problem here?

Can you try the same on the box itself - it should create an all channels series link+ when you attempt to add the second single channel series link.


NOT TRUE. I said it before. Not used app. Add on box. IT DELETE OLD ONE. NOT CREATE ALL CHANNEL. Which is not what want anyway as that causes MANY problems. Want it like it work before, where I choose what channels to record.  Many people report same !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.28K
  • 23
  • 118
G4DDS
Rising star
560 Views
Message 7 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue

Can you give an example of a series link that does not convert to an all channels series link+ when adding two individual links for the same programme on different channels so this can be investigated?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 74
  • 1
  • 16
000000
Dialled in
555 Views
Message 8 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue


G4DDS wrote:

Can you give an example of a series link that does not convert to an all channels series link+ when adding two individual links for the same programme on different channels so this can be investigated?


Any program! Go epg. Create series link for program on a normal channel. Go to channel+1. Create series link for same program. Series link for first channel deleted. +1 Only. Pick program not on too often, otherwise take forever and crashes!!

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 2.69K
  • 157
  • 363
ozsat
Trouble shooter
528 Views
Message 9 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue

Why are you going into a second channel to create a replacement SL?

I'm having no issues with SL+ across multiplie channels - you only set 1 SL and select ALL channels.

People keep saying it doesn't work  -  but without some programme/channel examples it is not going to be looked in to.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 2.69K
  • 157
  • 363
ozsat
Trouble shooter
527 Views
Message 10 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link issue

That is not how you use SL+ - should be:

Create series link for program on a normal channel - and in the SL set channels to ALL

 


000000 wrote:

G4DDS wrote:

Can you give an example of a series link that does not convert to an all channels series link+ when adding two individual links for the same programme on different channels so this can be investigated?


Any program! Go epg. Create series link for program on a normal channel. Go to channel+1. Create series link for same program. Series link for first channel deleted. +1 Only. Pick program not on too often, otherwise take forever and crashes!!


 

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Reply