Menu
ukdel_1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Samsung TiVo optical audio

I have a Samsung TiVo box, and optical cable connected to my Sony blue ray dvd system. HDMI cables from the TiVo to tweet, and another one from dvd to telly. I used to get the 5.1 audio to the speakers but a while ago it stopped working and I was having to just use the rather tiny and tinny TV speakers. It was a bit of a faff to get at the cables but looked this morning and nothing seems to be the problem. I will change the optical cable between TiVo and did, but suspect that this is not the problems. I have heard there is an issue with the audio from Samsung TiVo...is this the case, or does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung TiVo optical audio

Hi ukdel_1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo audio lately.

The best idea in these situations is the simplify the set up as much as possible, would that be possible? Or are you limited by the inputs you've got?

Also, check the settings on your TiVo box and let me know what the audio output is currently set toMan Happy

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ukdel_1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good evening Craig. The audio output setting on the TIVO box is set to - Dolby Digital..BUT I have also tried Dolby to PWM and neither works. Many thanks in anticipation of your response/help. UKDEL

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me ukdel_1

Sorry again for the problems with your service, have you tried removing the DVD player from the chain to see if that helps?

Does the speaker system you're using have an optical input? If so, try that.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos