Menu
Lazola73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement TiVo box

Our TiVo box encountered a little accident and would no longer work. My sister had a old one we have tried to use but it will not download the software....can this not be done??? If not how do I order a new one?? Thanking you in advance

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement TiVo box

As far as I know, each Tivo needs to be authorised to the account it is being used for - so you cannot just swap "old" Tivos in place of working kit.

That said, the Tivo is the property of Virgin, so I don't see how your sister still has an old one hanging around - unless she fell foul of the Virgin Media CBA attitude that sometimes seems to apply to old kit?

Best to ring 150 and report a fault, and take it from there.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement TiVo box

Hi Lazola73,

Argy is correct here. We would have to ensure the correct Serial Number is active for the TiVo® in use. It would therefore be best for you to give us a call to discuss this further.

You can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos