Menu
Nettlers
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recordings not available tivo

Things we gave recorded for the children typically have become unavailable on our tivo box. Dragons Defenders of Berk on channel Cartoon Network, a whole series get an error message...error playing a recording as no video signal.on channel.
And the gruffalos child on bbc3 only recorded at Christmas no error message, just we'll be back, channel not on air right now

Understandably kids are very upset, why has this happened?
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings not available tivo

Gruffalos Child at a guess was the first thing to be shown on BBC3 at 7pm.

If so there is some sort of bug that it does not record the first programme as the Tivo does not detect the part time channel coming on air.
Basically if that is the case you may as well delete the recording as there is nothing that can be done about that.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If that bug is still around (I've not had a problem recording bbc3/4 at 7pm but then I don't do it much) then set up a manual recording for anything you want to record at 7pm on bbc3/4. 

Apart from that you need to get your signals checked as you should not be getting no video signal on any channel to which you subscribe. You may even have a box fault. Get an engineer.  

Nettlers wrot
Things we gave recorded for the children typically have become unavailable on our tivo box. Dragons Defenders of Berk on channel Cartoon Network, a whole series get an error message...error playing a recording as no video signal.on channel.
And the gruffalos child on bbc3 only recorded at Christmas no error message, just we'll be back, channel not on air right now

Understandably kids are very upset, why has this happened?

0 Kudos
Nettlers
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We've watched it several times and now won't start at all
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Nettlers, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with the recordings on your TiVo®. 

I've run some checks on your TiVo® and can see that the hard drive is faulty, so I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out and take a closer look. 

It's highly likely that a box swap is needed, in which case I'm sorry to say that we would not be able to transfer any recordings across to the new box. however if you take a look at http://virg.co/boxswap then you will see a way to back up things like Series links and Wishlists. 

I've sent you a private message in order to arrange a technician, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Nettlers
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw

Eek my kid's will be sooo upset to lose all their programmes. Most of them aren't on air anymore so we wouldn't be able to replace
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I totally understand, one thing you could certainly try is to set up a WishList, just to see if these shows are due to be repeated (A WishList would search all content across all channels rather than just the one channel when using a Series Link). Click on the following link to find out how to create a WishList - http://virg.co/naE0e

I believe that the matter will only get worse, but should you wish to keep your existing TiVo® for now, then feel free to send me a message when you are ready to do the swap. 
Many thanks and apologies once more.
Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Nettlers
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Huw,
You are awesome!! Thankyou so much for your thoughtful gift xx
0 Kudos