Menu
aurrian
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Recordings breaking up

I have two v+ boxes. Recently one of boxes showing problem with playing recordings. Picture pixellates, freezes and sometimes just stops. Live tv is ok. The other box is ok. Is this the hard drive? Restarting makes no difference. Help please.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings breaking up

Hello aurrian,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and I can see a technician has already been booked for this so please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
aurrian
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Update - new box is no better.

So I have been reading on the forum and seems i am having the same problem as some others (ie the Bug #357803 frame rate drop)

The glitches only occur on HD recordings and at approx 10mins past the hour.  (Or sometimes 10 mins into the recording so would have been 10mins past the hour when it recorded).

I'm hoping a solution will be found, or the V6 box will not have the same problem...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi aurrian

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your service.

Are you noticing this issue occur on a certain program or channel?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So the customer waits two weeks and then gets the usual non-response.

It is a waste of time asking any of the Forum team about " Bug #357803 frame rate drop" as they simply refuse to discuss it. Even worse, when there are the obvious signs of the problem they don't even alert the customer or seem to report it back so it is still considered a rare issue.

To the OP. I am slightly puzzled as you initially indicated that you have V+ boxes and my understanding is that this is a Tivo issue. Can you clarify?

As for whether or not it may occur on the V6, that is the question. Since it would appear to be a Tivo software issue and both the Tivo and V6 both run virtually the same software, possibly different revisions, and since Tivo do not appear to have resolved this issue (it would help if the Forum team passed back details when customers report it), there is no reason why it should not appear on the V6.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
aurrian
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

The problems happen on any HD recording, it is not related to any particular channel, and never happens with live transmissions.

Could this possibly be the Bug #357803 frame rate drop frank_gm is referring to? It sounds like there is a bit of a pattern here?
As in my post It happens on HD recordings at about 10 mins to 12 mins past the hour (either 10 mins past at the recorded time OR at 10 past the hour real time when watching the playback) For example if i record a program there can be glitched 10 mins into the program irrespective of the time i watch it at. This is reproducible when watching same part at a later date suggesting the recording is corrupted.

I will also get glitches when watching a recorded program at 10 past the hour REAL time ie I check my watch and it is 10past. If i then pause the playback for a few minutes, or go back and watch the same part the glitches are gone suggesting something wrong with the playback rather than the recording.

I have had the TiVO box replaced and the problem persists.

I am having a V6 box installed this weekend - so will see if it is any better....

Frank_gm - sorry for the confusion - i have 2 x TiVO boxes currently - and the 500GB one is getting swapped out for a V6 box this weekend. Thanks for your support and highlighting this issue. I had visions of one of the engineers wanting to dig up the cable to the house in desperation to find a solution.....
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

aurrian wrote:

Frank_gm - sorry for the confusion - i have 2 x TiVO boxes currently - and the 500GB one is getting swapped out for a V6 box this weekend. Thanks for your support and highlighting this issue. I had visions of one of the engineers wanting to dig up the cable to the house in desperation to find a solution.....

No problem. I had months and five or six engineer visits with my environment being blamed until finally the engineer who had taken ownership saw the problem for himself just as another poster reported the same problem. It is a lengthy and long-standing thread. Five months before VM would replace my box and that was only due to my perseverance. The Forum team, then as now, have never shown much interest in the issue.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
twin--turbo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My box is recording glitches, may also be on live. and it's SD.

My home built "MythTv" PVR performs more reliably of my terrestrial antenna .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you're seeing it live, then possibly signal issues as well.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI Aurrian

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me about this, sorry again for the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

How have things been since the box swap? If you're still experiencing the issue then we'll look to get someone out to potentially replace the set top box.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos