Menu
cwillswoman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recordings and HD problems

Have been having issues with the HD channels for some time but have ignored it on the whole as I could watch on an normal channel. That is problem and I don't know if the second is related to it however my recording on lots of channels are now not working picture is constantly breaking up so I've lost all faith in recording and am seriously considering get shut of the whole lot. I have 3 TiVo boxes in the house at a cost of £160 a month which I really can't justify

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings & HD problems

are you experiencing the breakup while watching live, is it happening on all  three boxes?

if you are seeing breakup live and on multiple boxes then it's likely to be a signal problem, if not then it sounds like a hard disk issue (though it would be rather strange to be having disk problems on all three boxes)

given the VM bods are running a bit behind on the Forum it'll be much quicker for you to call in - diagnostics can be run while you're on the phone and, if an engineer is required, a booking can be made without the (albeit minor) to and fro you'll have to go through agreeing to whatever appointment you'll be offered here.

0 Kudos
cwillswoman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Think it is only the one box although I don't really know as the others aren't really used for recording so much
Thanks for your reply looks like a phone call is due. That's if I can be bothered to get put on hold for a lengthy time which is usually the case and probably why I haven't called it in already!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cwillswoman,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo® boxes.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with your signal that is likely causing the picture break up. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to visit.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos