Menu
ron4479
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recording on virgin media

If I start to record a program that I've watched well through, in order to catch the last few minutes, I find that the recording starts from the very beginning of the show. Is it possible either to record only that part of the program that you are missing, or start the full recorded version from a preselected time? It is infuriating to have to run through a 6 hour program in order to see only the last few minutes!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ron4479
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording on virgin media

Thank you Ernie_c for your reply. The 6 hours I referred to was  a recording I did during the recent Masters golf tournament.  I do not understand the reference to 'buffer zone'. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The buffer zone is what the TiVo has when you pause live tv. So if you were watching the golf live and paused it for longer than an hour you would miss some of that program as TiVo will only 'buffer' it for an hour. Obviously you're fine if you pause for less than an hour. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You would never have to run through a 6 hour program.

When you press record while watching a program, TiVo only has what has been buffered to play with and this can only be up to an hour.

TiVo endeavours to record the entire program if it has the start in the buffer.

It will not record before the start of the program, even if it is available in the buffer.

0 Kudos
ron4479
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you Ernie_c for your reply. The 6 hours I referred to was  a recording I did during the recent Masters golf tournament.  I do not understand the reference to 'buffer zone'. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The buffer zone is what the TiVo has when you pause live tv. So if you were watching the golf live and paused it for longer than an hour you would miss some of that program as TiVo will only 'buffer' it for an hour. Obviously you're fine if you pause for less than an hour. 

0 Kudos