Menu
Ian2McP
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Recently Deleted

Hello All -

I am pretty sure that there is or was a "Recently Deleted" option somewhere in the menu system of the Tivo box through which one could reinstate deleted recordings.  I can't for the life of me find it now.  Has it gone, or am I just being dim?

Thanks,

Ian.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recently Deleted

There should be a folder in My Shows called Recently deleted - towards the bottom of the list of recorded programmes.

Ian2McP
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Graham -

Thanks for your reply.  That's where I thought I'd find it, but it's no longer there.  Might it be a feature lost in a software "update"?

Ian.

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, same here, the show is still showing in my bookmarks but appears to be deleted. There is no recently deleted folder in my shows, although there was a few weeks ago? .

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

as there hasn't been any further mention of this since May I'd guess it was a glitch possibly resolved by a reboot.

can you make a test recording and delete it to see if this recreates the RD folder - if it doesn't try a reboot.

let us know what happens.

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thx for this advice, unfortunately both suggestions did not work.

i am still left with no option for deleted shows.

my last option on the my shows menu is ...more to watch

The last option on the Home menu is  Captain America Civil war.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dantempest wrote:

Hi, same here, the show is still showing in my bookmarks but appears to be deleted. There is no recently deleted folder in my shows, although there was a few weeks ago? .

If it is in My Bookmarks it may be a link to a catch up channel rather than an actual recording.  This is one of the 'features' introduced by the latest firmware update on the TiVo.

Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just checking mine I find It's still available.  I wonder if you have accidentally deleted the deleted recordings folder 

my shows.jpg

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's possibly hidden in your options of what is shown etc. I think it can be hidden in the green button category settings etc.
I'm not near a box so can't be sure.
0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thanks for this, very kind if you.

it may be that I have deleted the deleted recordings folder as that seems the only option, but I would have thought doing a reset would have brought it back. It's not that I recall deleting it, but your suggestion makes sense.

thx

dan

0 Kudos