Menu
Harper1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Random noises and flashing images on TiVo box

Hello everybody, I have been with virgin media for 4 weeks. About a week ago out of the blue my tv screen went black then the TiVo box made 3 sec noise followed by white and green horizontal flashes on my tv screen, May happen half a dozen times a day. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random noises and flashing images

I'd say you have either a signal issue or a dodgy box. You'll need to phone in for an engineer. 

0 Kudos
Harper1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your advise

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harper1,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your getting frequent disruptions with your TV service right now.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and can see some errors with the signal.  Can you please power off/on the box to refresh and let me know when this has been done?  I'd like to re-check the box again after the box has been rebooted.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Harper1
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

I have just reset my box and will let you know if the box starts tripping again.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Evielee
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problem the past few days. Screen goes blank then loud buzzing noise and when the picture comes back there are flashing stripes and no sound for a minute or two. At first I thought it was my TV but it only seems to start happening around 4 o'clock whilst watching the ITV channel. I've also had a problem with TiVo randomly deleting my recordings even though I had over 50% space left so I then got to thinking there's something wrong with the Tivo box. This was all really annoying so I got an engineer out. He showed me a video recording on his phone of the picture distortion and asked if that was the problem and I told him it was exactly that! He said unfortunately it has to do with ITV and Virgin are unable to do anything about it, they've been told it could take up to 2 weeks for ITV to get the issue resolved!

0 Kudos
Harper1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Evielee

Thanks for posting, a lady from virgin media recommended that I reset my box, I did and today so far there hasn't been a glitch

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harper1,

I can see you've posted since to say you've reset the box.

I was wondering how has this been for you over the weekend? I've run a few more tests today just to check over this for you and the test results are all positive.

Let us know if you need any further assistanceSmiley Happy

Regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Harper1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Thanks for posting. I haven't had glitch since I reset my box so happy days. I will be in touch if it starts tripping again.

Many thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear it's all working again.

Fingers crossed it stays this way for youSmiley Wink

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos