Menu
David_T21
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Programme constantly freezing in catch up mode

We were attempting to watch Casualty episode this evening in catch up.  We had to give up eventually with the programme freezing ten or more times in less than a minute.  This issue never happened with our old box and only seems to have happened since we have had a TiVo box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programme constantly freezing in catch up mode

Hi David_T21

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing at the moment with your TV service.

Do you notice this happen on any other programme? If not, do you record any other programmes from the same channel you're experiencing the problem on?

Is this HD or SD? Could you set the alternate to what you're watching to record so we can take a look at that too please? Sorry for all the questions! I want to help get to the bottom of this for you Man Happy

Take care and talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
David_T21
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We were watching in SD rather than HD.  Another programme a few weeks ago but can't remember which one that was.

Will try recording this week but had not done so previously as this did not seem to be an issue, before we changed to the TiVo box, when catch up worked fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me David_T21

Hopefully this was just a minor blip with that one showing but if you notice this issue continue, let us know and we'll look to escalate this as soon as possible for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
David_T21
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Programmes freezing in catch up is happening again.  This evening (21:55) attempting to watch Mary Berry's Absolute Favourites the programme stalled at least six time in the first minute of the programme.  It's impossible to watch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_T21,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear this fault has continued with the picture freezing.  I have carried out various checks and can see 2 different issues.

First issue, there is high demand in the network at peak times which will cause issues with watch programmes via BBC iPlayer/Netflix etc.   I have escalated this to our network teams to investigate and resolve.

Secondly, there is a fault with the power levels.  I will send you all the details in a private message.

(Look out for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
David_T21
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The issue continues to  be a problem.  This has to be sorted we have been very patient.  This evening trying to watch Hampton Court Flower Show episode from yesterday the same problem.  This was happening between 21:45 and 22:00.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there David_T21,

I'm really sorry to hear that this issue is still causing you issues. I can see that the shows that you have discussed are all from the BBC. Catch up on the BBC via our TiVo® is viewed slightly differently from all other Catch Up and On Demand shows. The iPlayer app uses the built in modem whilst other On Demand shows use the same fequencies as your TV service. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can see that since Collette run testing on the network in June, we've become aware of a network issue that will affect iPlayer in your area. This will be especially noticeable during peak times. Our network engineers are working on supplying more bandwidth, to meet the extra demand, the reference for this issue is F003756125. Whilst work is on going, our network team have set this to be reviewed again on 02 September, in order to see how the network is dealing with traffic after the work has been completed, and to see if further work will be needed. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

P.S. Should you find this happening on any show that is not supplied from the BBC please let me know so we can investigate further for you. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
David_T21
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So in the meantime we are unable to watch BBC IPlayer catch up.  This cannot be acceptable given that we are paying for a service each month that we are not receiving.  Given this is not going to be available for two months and  ... possibly not even then we may well have to switch to SKY.  I do not think you can enforce a 12 month tie in when the TIVO Box and the Associated service is not happening. 

0 Kudos