Menu
rbow
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Poor signal on Hd channels

For about the last week the picture on the bbc HD channels and Channel 4HD keeps breaking up. When set to record from these channels, the recording is sometimes incomplete or won't play at all because the signal keeps cutting out. I ran a test a few days back and it said to restart the box, which I did. Ran a test again today and it's telling me to do the same thing but I've already tried it and it doesn't work!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor signal on Hd channels

Hi there rbow, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are finding it difficult to watch the BBC and Channel4 HD channels at the moment, this must be really frustrating. 

I've run some testing on the connection this morning, and can't see any issues with either the hard drive on your TiVo® or the signal levels, in fact all looks bang on what it should be. I'm also not seeing any known issues over the last couple of days.

Are you still experiencing this issue with those channels, if you are then please let me know so I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rbow
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

thanks for the reply. We are still having problems, just last night I had to switch from BBC2 HD to the regular channel because the picture kept breaking up. I've also noticed that sometimes the sound and picture are out of sync on the Hd channels.

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If possible, could you try a different HDMI cable or different TV/monitor?
0 Kudos
smujsmith
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Ive had the same problem with HD channels for at least the last week.  Sky news HD simply goes blank when selected Ch 603 but Sky News non HD Ch 602 is fine.  I've restarted the TiVo box a couple of times and gone through the setup procedure to let it find the network again.  If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful, as it looks like it's a bandwidth problem with the broadband line to the TiVo box.  Meanwhile I've had a few issues with my 152 meg broadband which is slowly improving after dropping to around 27 megs.  Whether that has helped create the issue with the TiVo I'm not sure.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Smudge Smith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi rbow,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've managed to test your signal again and this time I'm able to detect a fault. As a result, I'd need to send an engineer to the property to investigate.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smudge,

Thanks for posting your concerns. I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue with your HD channels. I'll certainly be able to assist you with this.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. At present I'm not able to detect the TiVo® box online. I'd need this powered on in order to proceed.

Please power up the box and post back here when done. It would be great if you could keep the box on for a few days as it may not be possible to respond straight away.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
mzod
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I too am experiencing really poor signal on some of my HD channels. I have noticed this in the last few weeks and it shows no sign of getting any better.

Specifically, the poor signal is only on bbc1 HD, and ITV HD. The other channels are fine.

I noticed all HD channels are considerably quieter than SD channels. This is not so much an issue for me as I can simply turn IT up. Just fyi.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
darwin
Superfast
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Very bad breakup and pixelating on Dave HD today.

I'm in BT37

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi mzod and darwin,

Thank you for coming by and welcome to the community  Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that you're both experiencing picture break up on the HD channels.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you both.

mzod,  I wasn't able to get a full reading of your box remotely as the status shows as 'Offline' .  Can you please get back tom e and let me know if your box is currently turned off or on?  Once confirmed I can help further.

darwin, I was able to check your box remotely and currently there is no signal issues that are detectable.  Can you please let me know if the freezing occurs all the time, does it happen at certain times of the day?

I'm here to help, keep me posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos