Menu
VeganJase
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating on record.

Hi, I have had a problem with pixelating on record ever since I've had TiVo. I have had many engineers out to deal with this, who have replaced the box 3 times and complete internal cables too, even replacing (allegedly) a stretch of exterior cables too. It has been referred to higher management on numerous occasions, which usually results in a phone call and assurances that this will be dealt with and this will be kept an eye on, but unfortunately nothing changes.

I have spoke to people on the phone many times who reset the box and tell me all is fine and they will report it to management, but again I hear no more. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelating on record.

If this is the case then it's not good enough. Ring up and cancel - or threaten to- your services. In the end you may well have to move to another provider if the serve in your area is this poor 

0 Kudos
VeganJase
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the main it's fine, it's just recordings, have tried telling them it's mainly channel 4, but they don't know why ? So say it's the box, but 4 boxes can't all have been useless, can they ? It's the continual circles that do your nut in 😬😬

Parrotperson wrote:

If this is the case then it's not good enough. Ring up and cancel - or threaten to- your services. In the end you may well have to move to another provider if the serve in your area is this poor 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi VeganJase,

Welcome to our community and thanks for  coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you have ongoing issues with pixelated recorded playback.  I would like to help check this out for you.

I know you've mentioned you have had numerous box swaps in the past, can I ask have you ever noticed any picture issues on the live channels?  Sorry if you have been asked this before, I just want to be sure all bases have been covered and that we're not overlooking anything.

You also mention it mainly happens on channel 4, can you name any other channels this happens on please?  

I look forward to your reply, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
VeganJase
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes we get occasional stuttering and very mild pixelating on live tv, but nothing compared with on record. Channel 4 is the worse definitely, BBC can be OK, then other times it's non stop throughout a programme. Channel 5 seems OK in the main with very little pixelating. I've just watched a record off BT sport and that was constantly pixelating and skipping. ITV and Sky channels appear ok for the very few programmes I record off them, others would be very rare recordings. We also had a problem when set to record 3 channels on a Tuesday night, and for 3 consecutive weeks the recordings cancelled and only partially recorded?? 

Many thanks, Jason 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me.  There is a multitude of symptoms happening here, what I'd like to do after checking out the box and network remotely is arrange for a senior engineer to call round and check everything out for you.

I will send you a private message with further details.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos