Menu
Alex56
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New tivo

Okay so I just ordered my V+ box swap. What happens If I don't get a chance to watch all the stuff that's on it? I know it can be recorded to VCR/DVD but I no longer have either of those.

So my question is can I back it up to my laptop and if so how?

I'm not very tech savvy so forgive me if the answer is obvious to you.

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New tivo

You can use a USB video capture system to record in SD from the V+ HD box's SCART socket to your laptop.

However this would basically take as much time as watching the programmes in the first place as they would have to be played back in real time.

There is no way to transfer the data on the V+ HD hard disk directly to your laptop.

Your simplest option is to watch all your programmes from your V+ HD box before you set up your new TiVo box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can use a USB video capture system to record in SD from the V+ HD box's SCART socket to your laptop.

However this would basically take as much time as watching the programmes in the first place as they would have to be played back in real time.

There is no way to transfer the data on the V+ HD hard disk directly to your laptop.

Your simplest option is to watch all your programmes from your V+ HD box before you set up your new TiVo box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Alex56
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Nothing for it but to sit and watch all my recorded stuff.

0 Kudos