Menu
pjr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on TiVo still buffers at 25% code NW -2-5.

Did so last night 6 times while watching The Manchurian Candidate it really is most annoying. Seriously considering trying Now TV Sky film package it can't be worse. How is the attempt to resolve the problem going?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix on TiVo still buffers at 25% code NW -2-5.

Hi pjr1,

Thank you for trying that again for me. I apologise for the delay in getting the Netflix issue resolved.

Since this issue began, Virgin Media have been working on a permanent solution with our partners, however due to the complexity of the work required, this may take some time.

I will relay the information you have given me back to the department working on this issue, thank you for your assistance. 

When we have an update on the Netflix buffering issue, we will update our customers and Forum users.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjr1,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that the Netflix on TiVo® issue is still ongoing.

Because you are getting the NW-2-5 error, could you retry Netfilx and if you get this again, try signing out of Netflix completely and signing back in and retry to view your programme.  

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
pjr1
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have tried this twice before but for you tried again with no success. Frequent 25% buffering still occurs on TiVo but perfect on the laptop.

I am not surprised as your technicians previously advised me that there is nothing I can do to resolve the problem which you and NETFLIX are working to put right.

Looking on the net it is obvious that many of my fellow TiVo users experience the same problem. I don't know how you have the nerve to advertise TiVo as the way to watch NETFLEX and am considering raising the matter with the Advertising Standards Authority. 

It is just taking too long please push the message up the management chain. To misquote " it is virgin on the ridiculous"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pjr1,

Thank you for trying that again for me. I apologise for the delay in getting the Netflix issue resolved.

Since this issue began, Virgin Media have been working on a permanent solution with our partners, however due to the complexity of the work required, this may take some time.

I will relay the information you have given me back to the department working on this issue, thank you for your assistance. 

When we have an update on the Netflix buffering issue, we will update our customers and Forum users.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MadameDroite
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Any news on Netflix ( and IPlayer)?? Chromecast is looking like a really good option currently.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI MadameDriote,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

I have taken a look and currently this is still be worked on by our fault teams to resolve.  We don't currently have an estimated fix time, we are working on a solution to resolve this issue.

We're here to help anytime you need us, don't hesitate to get in touch and request an update if the issue still isn't resolved soon.

Thank you for your continued patience Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MadameDroite
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As of yesterday, both Netflix and IPlayer seem to be working. Let's hope they keep working!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi MadameDroite,

Thank you for letting us know that Netflix and the iPlayer service has been working for you.

Please keep in touch and let us know if you have any further issues.

Take care.

0 Kudos
KJ_madmob
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New poster here. Also suffering with this awful Netflix app - frequently stuck at 25%. Tried resetting box but no improvement. Diagnostics via Netflix indicate network errors but the standard TiVo diagnostic shows no fault found.
Please keep me updated if a fix is available.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi KJ-madmob,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're getting this buffering on the Netflix app.  We are currently working on an issue causing this and hope to have this fixed soon.  We don't have a specific fix date as yet.

I've also carried out some checks on your connection anyway to make sure there weren't any underlying issues contributing to this fault, from what I can see there are no signal or power level issues affecting your TiVo® box which is great to see.

We'll know more soon about this fault and will let you know when we know more.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos