Menu
softball
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix disaster

I have used VM for some years now and have enjoyed the service. 

However, in the last few months my Netflix keeps jamming on 25% and I have to reboot and reboot to get the next 25% and it keeps happening. Can't think why this has only recently become a problem.

Spoke to VM on the phone and they blamed the software and said they were rolling out some kind of modification to rectify this and as it was a national problem this would take some time ie until the end of July. They suggested I speak to Netflix and Netflix said it is not their problem as I don't get the same glitch on my laptop with the service.

VM were a bit "computer says no" which is infuriating and there should be some explanation or update broadcast when this crash happens.

Last night tried to watch a movie on Netflix with my kids and it crashed showing the 25% sign about six times before we just gave up. Would be great to receive some intel re what to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix disaster

Hi softball

Welcome to the Community, I wanted to apologise for the inconvenience you've experienced with your service.

We're always looking for ways to improve our service and our interactivity with third party apps is a big part of that, we understand that our customers love to use Netflix and want to ensure it works every time. We're doing what we can to make that happen.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
softball
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig what a helpful chap you are.
So good to receive professional and reliable advice from my service provider - it restored my faith in humanity and made me feel really good when I read your message to explain you are always looking to improve your service.
Any idea which century I am to expect something tangeable like Netflix service without crashing to actually happen?
Please don't send me another kindergarten smiley badge thing - pleasejust fix the problem please or at least treat me like the reasonably intelligent human being that I am and tell me what is being done and the ETA of the fix.
Thank you.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

our customers love to use Netflix and want to ensure it works every time. We're doing what we can to make that happen.

and what would that be exactly. ( apart from posting fatuous statements like the above ? 

Other threads suggest that you've been doing it ( whatever it is) since mid 2014,  so is it not time to try something different ? - Like hiring some competent IT guys ?

show us the workplan and report the progress to date. ( if you are not just making this stuff up ) 

1 - 10 of about 100 results

93 Replies

19 Replies

10 Replies

6 Replies