Menu
rbetts100
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moved from Sky and confused

Why does Tivo need to be so complex.....? Sky was so straight forward and now I have Virgin the menu system is just too damn confusing and I can't even see the button names on the remote. For example, why would you press standby and then put a message up asking if you want to go into standby??? My recordings keep being deleted after some time...oh no there in the deleted box and i can undelete. Why just not delete them....? Seriously I may have to move back to Sky unless someone hires a UI expert  at Virgin!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved from Sky and confused

Hi rbetts100,

Thanks for coming by and it's great to hear you have our TiVo® service Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to help you with the use of your TiVo® box as it does have some quite handy features once you get to know them.

Regarding the recordings being deleted, are they being recorded via a Series Link?  If so, it may be down to the options set that they are begin deleted.  If this is the case you can amend the options.

Follow: HOME > MY SHOWS & RECORDINGS > MANAGE MY SERIES LINKS > SELECT PROGRAMME > YOU CAN AMEND OPTIONS HERE >  THEN PRESS GREEN BUTTON TO SAVE CHANGES.

If you'd like to set 'Default Options' you can do so via:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > DEFAULT RECORDING OPTIONS > Amend options as you see fit.

I will pop our guide here for you to have a little look through at your leisure it and will take you through the handy features and hopefulyl answer your questions.

I'm sure once you get to know our TiVo® it will get better.

In the meantime, if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help anytime you need us Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
megsteve
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wish someone would answer my previous question as to why I get partial recordings with settings correct and loads of space -talking sometimes 6 mins recording total ...?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pressing the 'standby' button shuts down the unit which will then take time to power back up.

So when the 'standby' button is pressed - TiVo gives you a few seconds to cancel it in case it was a mistake. If you don't answer it will go into standby.

By default - TiVo will only keep 5 episodes of a series - but you can change this. It sound as it you've left the '5' episodes default.

If that is not the reason - you'll need to give some examples.

rbetts100 wrote:

Why does Tivo need to be so complex.....? Sky was so straight forward and now I have Virgin the menu system is just too damn confusing and I can't even see the button names on the remote. For example, why would you press standby and then put a message up asking if you want to go into standby??? My recordings keep being deleted after some time...oh no there in the deleted box and i can undelete. Why just not delete them....? Seriously I may have to move back to Sky unless someone hires a UI expert  at Virgin!

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
rbetts100
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. Still hate it, over complex, terrible remote....and the catch services are terrible quality. Soon as my contract is up I am back to Sly. Simplicity is always best!
0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos