Menu
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Long Service Connection times

I saw an occurrence of this last weekend where both boxes took in the region of 4 hours to perform a connection and download. Subsequent connections were then back to normal.

Seen another occurrence of this happening this morning so I have been monitoring both boxes.

Living Room box started its service connection at 9:28 and when I checked at 11:00 it was at 70% and it had finished by 11:34 so I reckon it must have took in the region of 2 hours (if we assume it was nearer 11:34 than 11:00).

Bedroom box started its service connection at 9:01 and finished at 12:15 so it took just over 3 hours.

Anyone else seeing similar?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long Service Connection times

Yeah I got the same. It started the Saturday after that (nationwide ?) Network error. 2 hours on Saturday morning (twice), 3 hours this morning (twice).

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had Monday off work so had a chance to look at the service connection time. It took 2 and a half hours to complete in the am. pm connection time was normal.

I find it interesting that no one else cares.

Vicious circle

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lurgod wrote:
I had Monday off work so had a chance to look at the service connection time. It took 2 and a half hours to complete in the am. pm connection time was normal.

How many people check it unless they are aware of a problem?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In the last year I've had problems with the service connection slowing down my box causing C501 error in My Shows. No one cared (Forum Staff included)

This thread was also ignored by the forum staff.

Vicious circle

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Lurgod wrote:

How many people check it unless they are aware of a problem?

It's normally the spinning purple circle appearing and a slightly slower interface than usual that normally gives it away. In my case I was monitoring the service connection as I was waiting for it to finish so I could try something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lurgod,

Thank you for coming in and posting, I just want to say right away that we've not been ignoring you and would love nothing more than to help.

I would like to look into this for you but have been unable to locate some of your details. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Social Media Virgin Media

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos