Menu
MrsBreezy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just wondering why my boxes are running slow

Okay I'm pleased that you've updated the TiVo box but the only thing is since you've updated it both my boxes have been running so slow I left it just thinking that it's just virgin media updating everyone's boxes but my boxes are so slow it's frustrating I've even turned the boxes off at the back of the box and they're still slow
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just wondering why my boxes are running slow

Same for everyone. Coincidentally they just announced you can buy a faster one for £200 (not that you own it) and £15 extra a month, from next year.

0 Kudos
MrsBreezy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why would I do that when my boxes worked perfectly fine before they upgraded their system? Well if that's the case if they've not sorted this out by Monday I'll be on the phone to them because it was working fine until the update
And if they say that to me I'll go mad
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsBreezy

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're not detecting any issues with the box from our end at the moment though. Are you noticing this issue at certain times of the day or is at all times?

Look forward to hearing from you and getting these issues resolved.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
katehook
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same. Its awful

To get to and play a recording will take around 60 seconds, some other functions are even slower. This is lag is happening all of the time, no matter the time of day or which menu I am trying to navigate. I tend not to throw other companies in when complaining but my parents' Sky box can get to and play a recording in around 5 seconds.

Just frustrating!

0 Kudos
Dambuster
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly same problem. I spend approx. 140 to 150 a month on my Virgin System and now they want 200 more for faster box. I don't think so! I will move everything over to Sky! This upgrade is a disaster!

0 Kudos
Flip1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My box has become unusable since the up date.
If it cannot be returned to the way it was I will have to cancel the contact.
I will not be paying £200 to replace it I can tell you that.
Oh and the on line test function doesn't work.
0 Kudos
richard_tricky
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here,  since the update my box is basically useless. I can't playback recorded tv without it stuttering, its slow, and i mean very very very slow. sometimes the menus do not fully appear. 

trying to watch live tv is just such an issue.. it takes ages to event flip the channel over. 

I've tried all the fixes, solutions and called tech support. 

Please just admit theres a huge fault with the update rolling out and roll everyone back to the previous.