Menu
Michaelcordy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iplayer intolerably slow

How can iplayer/YouTube be so slow - particularly the interface - when the internet connection is reasonably good?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer intolerably slow

Hi Michaelcordy

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately. So that I can take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stevewild
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI I suffer the same problem, no matter what time of day I switch it on it fails, usually slow then plays for 5 - 15 mins then fails and says something went wrong playing this programme, I then get frustrated and watch it fine via a laptop then forget about it only to sit down and think I will switch on iplayer via the virgin box to have the same hassle, very frustrated now !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevewild,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with iPlayer.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Input signal levels that will require a technician visit. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sam1mm1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Josh, I have exactly the same problem with iplayer etc. It stops after 12-15 minutes with the "something went wrong" message during every program. Could you please arrange the same repair for me? Please ask for details you require
0 Kudos