Menu
NickNotTheGreek
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How can I get UHD TV channels via Virgin Media like BT SPORT ULTRA HD

Hello,

Anyone know How I can get UHD TV channels via Virgin Media like BT SPORT ULTRA HD?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get UHD TV channels via Virgin Media like BT SPORT ULTRA HD

You can't - BT Sport Ultra HD is exclusive to BT. There are no other currently Ultra HD channels in the UK.

Any other Ultra HD content you can currently in the UK access is via services like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video with appropriate hardware.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
NickNotTheGreek
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks.

Do you know Virgin Media's plans for Ultra HD in the near future?  Will they at some stage have a Tivo UHD compatible device?  I'm only asking because I'm getting a 4K UHD TV and wondering whether it still makes sense to stay with Virgin Media.  I understand Sky will soon be releasing a UHD Sky Box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi NickNotTheGreek, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

We're always looking at ways we can stay top of the market and also looking at adding features etc. 

We'll let you know if this is something by making an announcement here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/bd-p/Virgin-Media-News

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ajs98405
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

True about BT Sport... but not true in relation to 4k streaming content - Netflix UHD can be viewed on LG 4k TVs and is very good. Content is limited (Breaking bad / House of Cards, etc.) but looks really nice!

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NickNotTheGreek wrote:

Do you know Virgin Media's plans for Ultra HD in the near future?

We have two connected Virgin Mobile accounts (my wife's and daughter's phones) and Virgin STILL don't even support 4G (anywhere) nor do they have any idea when it will become available. Every other UK network has been operating 4G services for years.

So don't join Virgin if you're after the latest advances in technology. Or even just the standard levels of technology to be honest (they lagged far behind Sky in HD channels for ages, and we're still waiting for Virgin to catch up with Universal HD for example)

Andre

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

andrewilley wrote:

NickNotTheGreek wrote:

Do you know Virgin Media's plans for Ultra HD in the near future?

We have two connected Virgin Mobile accounts (my wife's and daughter's phones) and Virgin STILL don't even support 4G (anywhere) nor do they have any idea when it will become available. Every other UK network has been operating 4G services for years.

So don't join Virgin if you're after the latest advances in technology. Or even just the standard levels of technology to be honest (they lagged far behind Sky in HD channels for ages, and we're still waiting for Virgin to catch up with Universal HD for example)

Andre

I fail to see what Virgins phone service (such that it is) has to do with their TV service, it's all pretty moot ATM anyway because with the exception of a couple of footy matches and a satellite demo channel there is no 4k broadcasters in the conventional sense and even netflix and amazon have a limited library of content.

You'd be far far better of if waiting before buying a 4k tv  until after next years  CES in january 2016 when all the TV's should be built correctly to the new HDR standard and will come down in price (hopefully) 

0 Kudos
garymc
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I heard that Virgin Media are going to bring out a new Ultra HD box next year and that they are trialing it with staff at present. Would it be possible to sign up to take part in the first public trials.

0 Kudos