Menu
Michelle123
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

High demand 319 error

Using the tivo catchup always mostly all the time every day infact comes up with because of high demand in your area unable to play right now 319 error all the time reset it waited 10 mins and gave up after 5 attempts..what am i paying for catchup for waste of time missed too many shows ive given up
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: High demand 319 error

Hi Michelle123,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble using the Catch Up lately, I'd like to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all signal/power levels are fine.  Network wise there isn't any high demand going on lately.  I'd like to get more details from you if that's ok so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

Can you please reply with the following details:

* Name of programme most recently ordered:

* Channel:

* Was the programme in SD or HD?

* Does a reboot fix the issue at the time?  (Even if it is only a temporary fix)

* Path taken to locate programme via the On Demand menu:

* Does it happen at certain times of the day?

* Date & Time programme was ordered:

Please let me know and we can look into this further for you, I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Theloony1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin used to be great and I recommended it to everyone.

Now, useless.

319 error or other inane on demand numbers produced on a daily basis with absolutely no one having any idea why.

At least the price doesn't go up 3 or 4 quid every 6 months.

Oh wait......
Biglad
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been with Virgin about 4 weeks now as I was sick of my mates ranting on about how good TIVO was.....WISH I'D STAYED WITH SKY, slow, sluggish, never been able to watch anything ON DEMAND ALWAYS SOME SORT OF ERROR!!!!! It would also appear after comparing with my neighbour (SKY) that Virgin don't provide the same quality and quantity of movies and box sets...!!!! In a words Virgin "CRAP" As far as I'm concerned your breaking our contract by not providing me with the service I pay you for....Your right and quick at taking the payment out my bank account!!!!!?????
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same 319 error here.

I'm able to watch catch-up on all other devices in the home (smart TV, games consoles, MacBook, iPad, etc) but VM TiVo says no!.

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Been getting 319 for the last few days when trying to watch Sky Cinema movies on demand. Got used to On Demand ALWAYS working with Sky, so this is disappointing. Gave up trying to watch Grimsby on demand and had to wait for it to come on TV and record it like we had to 10 years ago.

As a new Virgin Media customer I've been talking to friends and work colleagues, and all I can tell them is that although there are lots of little things to like about Tivo, I can't recommend it to anyone. Looking at it high level it's incredibly poorly implemented - frustratingly slow and unreliable. If it's still like this when my contract is up I'll definitely be back off to Sky...
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rabangus wrote:
   ....If it's still like this when my contract is up I'll definitely be back off to Sky...

I'm thinking the same thing, I have an 18 month contract which won't be renewed (I'll keep the broadband though).

0 Kudos
Timbo78
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In Peterborough we have had the 319 for a week, and it was noted as an issue on the service status web page until about Thursday. Now it is supposedly fixed but it isn't. I've reset my Tivo to see if that fixed the problem and of course it hasn't. On Demand is not available in my area, which means no Ash vs Evil Dead until it is fixed. If it ever is!

Tivo is a dead loss since the update that added all those pictures, series link + and all the "wonderful" features that just killed the speed and made On Demand virtually impossible to use quickly.

When can we expect this to be fixed? All that money I pay every month and the tv service is terrible.

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep - I'm in Peterborough too. I reset one of my boxes earlier today, but if made no difference.
0 Kudos