Menu
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

GO SLOW AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Still no response from Virgin, on this forum, responding to the many complaints from customers about the the slowness of TiVo box since firmware update and the disappearing HD films on the on SkyMovies on demand service. Disgusting Customer Services, which eventually lead to many customers migrating to Sky.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: GO SLOW AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Hi fredtheted,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it's taken for us to reach your post. We've been a little behind lately and are playing catch up. 

As the TiVo® is running slow, it's worth giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference? 

Have you noticed anything different since you last posted too? 

Come back and let us know as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have never had "record suggestions" turned on, and rarely have more than two or three recordings to watch... yet since the recent update my TIVO has gone from "very slow" to "unbearably slow". From selecting "play" to a programme actually starting can easily be 20 seconds, and I rarely if ever use BBC iPlayer as you could make a cup of tea in the time it takes to load.

I have tried rebooting the TIVO, which made no difference, and as I have about 50 series links set, I am reluctant to do a full reset, as it'd take hours to re-programme them all, and anyway, surely that's one if TIVO's biggest selling points, that you can set a series link once, and it'll find the programme forever after.

The apps are both pointless and again take a ridiculously long time to load. Maybe ditching those completely would allow the TIVO's basic functions to at least run at an acceptable speed?

As someone who had the original TIVO when it first launched, both here and in the US, it may not have been able to do many of the things the modern one does, but the response time was always lightning fast. These days using Virgin's TIVO is more like using a dial-up internet connection. i.e. painful to use.

boysim34
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

same problem here, the box is just so slow, and they want us to pay a price increase. tv guide, it is actually quicker to look at a tv mag to see what is on than wait for the box to catch up
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working to resolve.

Keep an eye on this thread for more information and updates.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

John_G wrote:

Hi all,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working to resolve.

Keep an eye on this thread for more information and updates.

Thanks

HI John,

Are VM finally accepting that the recent update has totally screwed up the already sluggish TiVo? Customers have been telling you this for days now. Does this acknowledgment mean customers  will be entitled to some sort of reimbursement for the poor service?

This just adds to the catalogue of failures which have afflicted the TiVo since its debut.

mobily
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo has always been slow but it is now unbelievably slow. 

I have given notice, not just due to the price rise but the quality of the Tivo which is really getting behind the times.