Menu
Steveiow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TiVo box

Not sure if this is in the right place or not, if not, could admin move it to where it's meant to go.

next Wednesday (9th March) I'm having a new hub installed because your Im taking advantage of your free upgrade to vivid 150, whilst the installation guy is here would he be able to repair my TiVo box ? I'm not able to use tv anywhere because the socket on the back of the TiVo box is not working and my hub can't see the TiVo box.

would he/she be able to fix it whilst their here or do I need to request a separate repair for it. It just make sense to have him/her look at it whilst their here.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Steveiow
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TiVo box

This is a message I received from virgin media on 30-01-2013 so as you can see it's been tested before I've just never done anything about it..........

Re your post in this thread: here

I have checked your Tivo box and the Ethernet port does seem to be faulty. We will need to arrange an engineer visit to check the port and provide a replacement if necessary.

Can you please advise a selection of dates when you will be available for a visit during the next 7 days? Our engineers are available in the following timeslots: Monday to Friday - 8am-12noon, 12noon-4pm and 4pm-7pm; Saturday 8am-12noon and 12-4.

Please can you also provide me with the following information:

Name on account:

Virgin email address:

Many Thanks,

Steffan_M

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So, I'd reply and give the details to enable the fix to be done ?

0 Kudos
Steveiow
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Which is exactly what I was doing in my original post, just not sure if I can request this on here or if I have to phone them. If I have to call them I wont bother, If it can be arranged on here to be done at the same time as when they install the new hub then that would be great.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevieow,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help here.  As a couple of years has passed since the original fault was reported, it would be best for you to request us to check this out again for you.  If you make a new posts on our TV on the go board our team can help check this out for you and make sure we haven't over looked anything for you.

If it's needed we can arrange for an engineer to call round if we find the box is faulty via the forum.  

Regarding the installation you have scheduled, they most likely won't be able to fix the TiVo® as they are primarily there to install the Broadband equipment.  They have an allotted amount of time to do this so they may not be able to do this for you.  

If you get in touch with the TV on the go team they can re-check and make sure nothings has been overlooked our end, and take the appropriate action.

Let us know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos