Menu
tintin_UK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Current software version number?

I understand that an update was pushed out to boxes earlier this week and folks have been speaking of version numbers going from 20 to 23.

Looking at the system info of my box the current version is showing as 20.4.3.1.RC4-VMC-2-C00

So no 20 or 23.

Do I have a much older version?

tt.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Current software version number?

You are not in one of the trial areas for the new software level which includes, among other things, the Series Link+ function.

You are on the current 'production' TiVo software level.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tintin_UK wrote:

I understand that an update was pushed out to boxes earlier this week and folks have been speaking of version numbers going from 20 to 23.

Looking at the system info of my box the current version is showing as 20.4.3.1.RC4-VMC-2-C00

So no 20 or 23.

Do I have a much older version?

tt.

Not sure if it is dependant upon the type of box you have or the area you are in.   The latest version on my Cisco box is 20.5.7.RC23.VMC-2-000

Have you tried a reset of you box from the settings menu to see if a new software version is available for you?

tintin_UK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm. Hardware version is 9.1 if that makes any sense?

Yes, tried restarting the box a couple of times tonight; once via the Clear/Reset menu & also by holding down the Standby button til the lights flash. No software update messages coming up.

tt.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are not in one of the trial areas for the new software level which includes, among other things, the Series Link+ function.

You are on the current 'production' TiVo software level.

0 Kudos
tintin_UK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I'd got the impression that the update had moved beyond the trial stage.

Thanks.

tt.

0 Kudos