Menu
Jellytot2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Complaints manager not honouring contract

After a much delayed installation (4 months) I am finally getting my installation on 16th of August.

The issue I have the complaints manager of my account is not willing to honour my contract which was signed on 15/04/2016.

The basics of the deal I got was 2 x Tivo boxes.  The contract shows one Tivo box free and a charge of the second box for the second room being 49.90.

Despite sending him photographs of the contract he is telling me that Virgin are not willing to honour this contract and I must pay for 2 boxes.  He has told me that it is in the terms and conditions that Virgin do not need to honour this.

One I cant find the full T&C's where this information may be. And secondly I cannot believe that despite this being a signed contract between myself and the company that they are able to change what my agreed deal is.

Can any one please help me, I am at my wits end with this and if it was not a need for the fast broadband I would have walked away from this months ago.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints manager not honouring contract

Go straight to either citizens advice (who I found very helpful when Citroen didn't honour a contract I'd signed for a car) or if you're a member Which who have a very good legal team just for this sort of thing. 

0 Kudos
Jellytot2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not a member of Which I have considered the citizens advice as well.  I have due to an unresolved complain have access to the independent ombudsman that Virgin have signed up to so may also contact them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jellytot2000,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you here even if the circumstances are less than perfect Smiley Sad 

I can only apologise for the experience you've currently had with Virgin Media. I've taken a look at the account to see what's been going on including looking in to the complaint. 

It looks as though the person dealing with your complaint has asked you to send in the contract so we can honour the exact details. Without receiving it we can only go by the usual packages offered. 

My advice would be to send a copy of the contract to the address you were given last week so the team can then make the amendments for you before your services go live Smiley Happy 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jellytot2000
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for the reply. I have infact sent photographs of the original contract along with my account number and agreement number to my complaints manager.

I have also seeked advice from the citizens advice who have assured me that what I have signed up to should be what the company honours as the rep who I signed up with was an employee of Virgin media and they have 'vicarious liability' to honour the deal the rep has made.

I have basically been told that it is in the small print that virgin do not need to honour this until my services are installed.

If it was not for the fact that the only way for me to currently get fibre optic broadband was waiting this long.I can assure you I would not have been as patient as I have been.

I was a previous customer of virgin for 7 years in my old flat and was dissapointed that I couldn't get it in my current house and when I got the information saying we were now connected I jumped at the chance and it has caused me 4 months of problems as well as the latest being my contract not being honoured.

If there is any way you can help me that would be great as all I ask is for the contract to be honoured as signed. There is also 110 of credit on my file with the promise of 130 to be added as a final resolution once I am installed. I am now receiving my phone bills for my mobile that are sky high from calling the 0345 number and to be honest the 130 will probably not even cover the calls and loss of services that I am subscribed to as well as the major inconvenience that has been placed upon me, bit again i have been told that is all I will receive.

If you have an email I can send you the same photographs as I sent to my complaints manager of my contract.

Thanks again for the possible help
0 Kudos
Jellytot2000
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also sorry Kath I was not given an address to send in the contract to as I was told to do it by email.

If there is information saying that I have been told to send it in then this is incorrect and that should be addressed.

Finally if I do need to send in the physical paperwork would a copy suffice as I am sure you will understand I would want to keep the original as proof for my own records.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jellytot2000, 

Apologies I should have been more clear in my post back to you. It was an email address you were given to forward on the proof of the offer, not a postal address Smiley Happy 

Once we've received this, the agent dealing with your complaint will be able to put the necessary arrangements in place.

Keep us posted on how things go and if you need us to chase anything, pop a post back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jellytot2000
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath

I have already sent in the photographs attached to an email and marked for the attention of Umair Kler.

Should I send it in for a second time. And if so for the avoidance of doubt can you confirm the email address again the one I replied to was
Webteam@virginmedia.co.uk
And was dated 01/08/16 @12.50

Again thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jellytot2000, 

If you've sent in the evidence then you don't need to do it again Smiley Happy 

The team should be in touch with you soon to finish up with this and get things resolved. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jellytot2000
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath

Yes the evidence was sent in but despite the contract stating one thing I was being told another on the phone. This is the whole point of my thread.

I was advised that Virgin Media do not need to honour the signed contract and was advised to read the terms and conditions.

So instead of paying 49.90 for 1 tivo box and having the other free as well as the install I appear to be paying for 2 of them?

As I have said before unfortunately the whole thing has been a sorry mess from start to finish
0 Kudos