Menu
sheakinahan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Code for Seiki television

Why won't my TiVo remote reconize my Seiki television or is there a code that I can use to to control the sound.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Code for Seiki television

Hi sheakinahan,

Welcome tot he forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're yet to find the right code for the remote control.  If this Remote Control Guide hasn't helped then the best thing to do is contact the manufacturer of the TV set and they can hopefully provide the correct code for you.

It would be great to hear how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sheakinahan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been in touch with Seiki and they recommend I use the code for element or LG tried 60% of LG and element still no joy.

0 Kudos
Fitzz
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

recently purchased a Seiki 42" LED 4K TV but am unable to find a code for the TiVo remote to control the volume,

tried all the known codes for various brands including Element ,LG, Samsung, Polaroid - no luck

tried the auto VM function many times  - no luck

Searched the web for two weeks on and off - no luck

however, because the Seiki TV has such poor built-in sound I decided to get a sound bar which connects via HDMI

with ARC (Audio Return Channel, I think?), I then programmed the VM TiVO remote with the AV code for my sound bar (Phillips),

the sound and mute functions now work on the VM TiVo remote, no power on/off but at least I don't have to keep swapping two remotes.

thought I would join and post this comment to help others who may have the same problem who may have a sound bar

and did not know they could do it this way - hope these comments help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fitz Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, if the codes aren't there then I'd give these a try, I've found them online and they may be of help. Follow the instructions of inputting codes for the TiVo remote and when you choose the code to put in, chose one of the following:-

Good luck and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos