Menu
tiffanyjo
Just joined
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Catchup/Demand/Apps not working.

Recently had a TiVo box installed, channels are ok and all there however the catch up and demand state that is temp unavailable, please try again a few minutes. I've reset the box numerous times but is still showing this. There are also no apps, and when trying to access netlix etc on the channel the red button does not work. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
coren
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catchup/Demand/Apps not working.

I am also experiencing this same issue with both my boxes - all day same message displayed. I have also tried resetting.

Getting a bit annoying now! All i want to do is watch Moana with my little girl! :smileytongue

0 Kudos
coren
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I still have the same problem ...
0 Kudos
Buccaneer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The service has been on and off for three weeks now so don't hold your breath.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi tiffanyjo,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with On Demand.

How has it been since posting? Are you still unable to use Apps and On Demand?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem, “catch up and on demand temporarily unavailable” from what I have been seeing on this site it is not a temporary fault, it is a real life permanent fault, especially with the V6 box. Sometimes a little honesty prevents people from getting very irate. Other than this fault I am happy with The V6 box. Please Virgin let your customers know the true facts and get it sorted ASAP.

Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am happy to say I now have catchup tv and on demand.

After trying rebooting many times over to no avail, I tried resetting the V6 box and chose the option of deleting everything. It started up as it did when I first installed and I just went through following all the requests on screen. To my amazement the end result was I had catchup and demand. I lost my recordings but I can watch most of those on catchup.

0 Kudos
Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m afraid it’s not as good as I thought on catchup. I am getting “ the show is not currently available.” (V202) on most of the programmes. This must give virgin some idea of the fault.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bazred,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're still getting this error message.  At present we do have a known issue relating to this error which our engineering teams are working to resolve.  At present there is no estimated fix time due to the nature of the issue.

For the time being a reboot should temporarily fix the error, sometimes tasking up to an hour after the reboot to clear the error.

At this time it is only a work around until we resolve the error message issue.  I am sorry for the disruption in the meantime.  As soon as we know more we shall let you know.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response but I have rebooted many times to no avail. I phoned up on Saturday and someone went through a few procedures with me. Nothing worked and he said he will pass it on to the network team. He said it should be fixed by Tuesday but I will believe it when it happens.
0 Kudos